• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bulova Precisionist

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Looks like there are some coming this spring

96B183.png
. ................................. .
96B182.png

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The Precisionist is living up to its name, it is at the exact time as when first set. I like it so much I bought another Precisionist watch.:sub4me:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The watches are an outstanding value and extremley well made. It will be nice to see more styles coming out soon. I would recommend haggling with online ADs over price, thats what I did and both times I was sucessful in getting the price I wanted. The ADs near me wouldn't come close to the price I paid online, so I'm very pleased with both of my watches and the price of each.:sub4me:

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Went to see the gen in real life - doesn't have the same presence of a TAG or ORIS

mrfog

Renowned Member
28/10/12
Went to see the gen in real life - doesn't have the same presence of a TAG or ORIS

Probably because they cost a tenth of those. Still the most accurate watch in the world with the smoothest sweep in the world.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06

I'm not sure what you mean by presence, I have many Tags, Rolex watches, Omegas, Longines, and many more gens. All watches have a presence and their own look when worn so I suppose as presence you mean the brand name. The Bulova has a presence all its own, there is no doubt in this and as mrfog mentioned the smooth running of the watch is unmatched except by maybe a Seiko Spring Drive or high beat GS, I have neither of those and have only seen them in videos.

Now when I compare my Rolex watches, Omegas, Tags, and other automatics they all run on the same beat rate except the coaxial, but none run as smooth as the Bulova, there is no comparison here.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
I'm not sure what you mean by presence, I have many Tags, Rolex watches, Omegas, Longines, and many more gens. All watches have a presence and their own look when worn so I suppose as presence you mean the brand name. The Bulova has a presence all its own, there is no doubt in this and as mrfog mentioned the smooth running of the watch is unmatched .

Just sharing my view, but perhaps the op is referring to a certain premium feel which some watches have and others don't. E.g.: (my opinion and I'm sure others disagree) most titanium watches, including the Tudor black bay have limited presence or premium feel to it, whereas a Seiko fifty fathom oozes it. AP has loads, despite being sporty. Again, it's my opinion, and this will be a subjective call, before a war starts on the merits of the black bay :)

On target, perhaps the premium feel us what op was referring to

mrfog

Renowned Member
28/10/12
there is no doubt in this and as mrfog mentioned the smooth running of the watch is unmatched except by maybe a Seiko Spring Drive or high beat GS, I have neither of those and have only seen them in videos.

I'll clarify this point because..well we're watch nerds.
A21J runs at 6 beats per second = 21600 bph
2836-2, Rolex etc. runs at 8 bps = 28800 bph
Grand Seiko runs at 10 bps = 36000 bph
Bulova Presisionist runs at 16 bps = 56000 bph
Spring Drive does not have beats, the second hand is constantly mechanically braked in sync with time.

I love my Bulova and got it dirt cheap off ebay, like almost 1/4 rrp so I am over the moon with it.
You really have seen nothing like the sweep until you see it in person.
Of course it may not be finished as well as a Tag or Omega but those watches are not finished as well as a Breguet or a Greubel Forsey.
Horses for courses.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
^ very interesting Info there.
Had omega or rolex made this, people would line up to buy them. We are lucky to be able to buy it at discount. I would pay more if I had to to buy such a wonderful technology. I wish they would rep grand seiko and drop this movt. In there.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Theres no doubt this type of movement will be used in other watches, thats for sure. Now if reps used it we would have some stunning running rep watches, of course you do need a battery for it but I don't care.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
Theres no doubt this type of movement will be used in other watches, thats for sure. Now if reps used it we would have some stunning running rep watches, of course you do need a battery for it but I don't care.

For a closed back watch, if there is no stuttering tick, I'd prefer a quartz! Less headaches and maintenance needed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta