• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bulova Precisionist

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Great watch, just look at that dark blue dial, and the super smooth sweep is something I've never seen before.:sub4me:

Pics were just taken.

imgp8817.jpg

imgp8818.jpg

imgp8822v.jpg

imgp8823.jpg

imgp8826.jpg

imgp8827q.jpg

imgp8829u.jpg

imgp8833.jpg

rhounsell

Known Member
16/12/11
First watch I ever bought was a Bulova and I have kept it to this day.

The smooth sweep on the Precisionist is awesome, no doubt! I have admired many models and I'm sure I'll eventually get one......enjoy!

lc125

Known Member
18/1/11
Here is his older brother :) the white dail version 96b130.

IMAG1566_zps21cec5a5.jpg

IMAG1567_zpscbf7c609.jpg

IMAG1568_zpsd08532e9.jpg

Didnt do any cleaning but you get the idea :)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The watch is amazing and very well built. I'm impressed with it and like it alot, a real lot. The smooth sweep is much better then any Rolex or other watch I have, its really amazing to see it run. I bought the watch because of my desire for this movement and I'm glad I did. I can't find a imperfection in the watch anywhere which is of course a great thing.

Bulova makes alot of watches and diffrent styles and the Precisionist is very well priced and you get alot for what you pay for. I got a great deal on it and if you try a bit its easy, take a look around maybe you'll find one thats right for you.:sub4me:

lc125

Known Member
18/1/11
The watch is amazing and very well built. I'm impressed with it and like it alot, a real lot. The smooth sweep is much better then any Rolex or other watch I have, its really amazing to see it run. I bought the watch because of my desire for this movement and I'm glad I did. I can't find a imperfection in the watch anywhere which is of course a great thing.

Bulova makes alot of watches and diffrent styles and the Precisionist is very well priced and you get alot for what you pay for. I got a great deal on it and if you try a bit its easy, take a look around maybe you'll find one thats right for you.:sub4me:

The movement is also what drew me to the precisionist line. This watch was a gift so I will never sell it.
But i do find two things that could need some improvement in terms of build quality.
1) The lume is only on the hands, and it is pretty weak. Would've been nicer if they lumed the hour markers as well.
2) The bracelet rattles a little when you wear the watch a little loose.

But all in all those are minor imperfections. The watch has a great look, has a stunning shine due to the polished midsection on the bracelet and the secondhand sweeps amazing.

Well worth the money IMO.

Wear it well.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Great watch, just look at that dark blue dial, and the super smooth sweep is something I've never seen before.:sub4me:

Pics were just taken.

imgp8817.jpg

imgp8818.jpg

imgp8822v.jpg

imgp8823.jpg

imgp8826.jpg

imgp8827q.jpg

imgp8829u.jpg

imgp8833.jpg

What is the movement called in this my friend?

lc125

Known Member
18/1/11
The precisionist movement in all male watches is -> Citizen P102.12

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
All my hour markers have lume and its very strong, solid end links on mine as well so no rattle there, however any steel bracelet will ratte a bit because its steel and usually from the clasp but the locking pushbutton takes that problem away.

No leather strap, I don't do that.

airking

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/5/09
bulova/accutron is truly underrated. they have great watches. the precisionist is great and i am also impressed by the accutron swiss made mechanical/automatic watches. on the internet, you can get a watch for practically the cost of the movement.

when precisionist came out, most of the watches were pretty big (too big for me). i noticed they are now making smaller watches now as well. what size is your watch sub4me?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I have the Precisionist with the Titanium case and carbon fiber face. I truly love that watch. The quality rivals anything I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lc125

Known Member
18/1/11
All my hour markers have lume and its very strong, solid end links on mine as well so no rattle there, however any steel bracelet will ratte a bit because its steel and usually from the clasp but the locking pushbutton takes that problem away.

No leather strap, I don't do that.

Bulova released new models of the precisionist watches like a year ago..
So I have the older model from the Longwood collection and you have the updated version.. Nice to see those updates, a big plus.

I would be really interested in a lume shot though, so if your willing to share would be nice :)

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
I ain't a quartz fan but the Precisionist is the Aston Martin of quartz.
Great movement

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
bulova/accutron is truly underrated. they have great watches. the precisionist is great and i am also impressed by the accutron swiss made mechanical/automatic watches. on the internet, you can get a watch for practically the cost of the movement.
when precisionist came out, most of the watches were pretty big (too big for me). i noticed they are now making smaller watches now as well. what size is your watch sub4me?

Its a 42mm watch.

I have the Precisionist with the Titanium case and carbon fiber face. I truly love that watch. The quality rivals anything I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember you having one which is what partially convinced me to get it.

I ain't a quartz fan but the Precisionist is the Aston Martin of quartz.
Great movement

Thanks I like the comparsion.

newbie2replicas

20/12/09
One thing that really bugs me is the fact they only have mineral glass - not sapphire... So it'll get scratched up without too much effort in no time.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
It's truly only a matter of time before I buy one of these on an impulse.

The movement is fantastic. Congrats!

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Amazon has a nice leather strap model for $125.....

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
It's truly only a matter of time before I buy one of these on an impulse.

The movement is fantastic. Congrats!

Thanks alot and get yourself one, I can't see you regretting it. I got a fantastic deal on mine so let me know if you need the hookup. :sub4me:

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
I never quite liked the look of the Precisionist series, some are OK but nothing amazing. I really like the 1/1000 second chronograph, the movement is a masterpiece, but the outside is just one ugly mofo. Do you think they gonna have any new model out anytime soon ? Here it is, skip to 1:20 for the amazing chronograph function

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohl8DC8doYE"]Bulova Precisionist Chronograph watch review by Valencia Time Center - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe I can get that movement to fit into a Pam case. Maybe change the dial also :lol:

pamc.jpg

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
They could use some more designs, I'm sure there coming, and the movement is fantastic.:sub4me: