• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

When buying gen, go with the heart?

Saras

3/9/10
Gentlemen, I'm going after my first higher end gen...

I'm thinking about one of these used right now
dXiRfl.jpg

eYydSl.jpg

I really like the THC but the PO seems like it will effortlessly live with me and would be my go to. My mind is telling me that I would be plenty happy with the (least expensive) PO 2500

My heart loves
ihrxKl.jpg

I will need to save a little more for the 8500 but I love the movement & changes that this Planet Ocean carries. I think the design of the PO will be an easy daily for years.
what to do? Patiently wait for the one I really want? get some satisfaction with the Tudor now and later get a PO? go with the cheapest and possibly equally enjoyable PO 2500 and enjoy the low price as well as a fantastic design...

:cheers:

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Have you tried on the gens on wrist?

if you are looking at pre-owned, set yourself a budget, do some research on what the market range is..prices vary depending on whether the watch is BNIB, if it is in complete set, with or without warranty, etc..

You might want to have a look at www.chrono24.com to give yourself a good estimation on prices..

Remember you will have to factor in the cost of servicing the watch somewhere done the road..when i get my pre-owned gens, I almost always send it to my trusted watchsmith for a full service..

You could also try to negotiate with the seller on helping to offset part of the servicing cost..

As for which watch to get, based on the choices u provided, it is quite obvious you like the Omegas..good thing for the Oemgas and Tudors, you can change the bracelets to Nato straps, thus giving them a more casual, weekend look..

Again depending on your budget, go with what you can afford now..Take your time in spending that hard-earned money..

Have fun in hunting down the watch of your choice and remember to post pics! :)

D

d4m.test

Thank you, I planed on saving till I got a bit under 5 (the PO 8500 price range) but based on the lower prices at chrono24 and the various sales on gen fourms I can snag a near mint THC or PO 2500 now.

I haven't tried on the gens but have fliped several reps. I'm guessing these will wear well based on the following reps I've owned, quartz tudor heritage chrono, 42mm Inge, 42 Exp II, SFSO, TC Subs. Aside from the AP Diver I haven't worn a rep under 47mm that didn't wear well.

Perhaps I should get a 42 PO rep but I really fell that I can safely judge the PO's.

"..Take your time in spending that hard-earned money.." I keep reading this, I think whatever gen I get will be the last watch for a while.

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
K... since you say you have flipped several reps I assume this habit will follow you in the gen world.

Happened to me!

My advice is get what you REALLY want. If you settle for less, you will still have that itching for it and you WILL sell off what you just got for it. It's always easier to justify trading up... much easier.

If you are itchin for a gen right now, just follow on watchrecon until you see a good deal. Good deals mean you will easily be able to sell it for what you paid if not more.

D

d4m.test

Thank you for the advice. I will save for the 8500. I got to the point where even the TC's and Sean's were driving me nuts with the minute differences and ultimately I could tell I may never be satisfied. Reps are enjoyable but they don't seem to hold longevity for me...except for the V2 243. I'm hoping a gen with a nice in house will satisfy.

AWESOME site never knew about watchrecon...so easy...THANK YOU

Scarface

1/3/11
The rolex forum also has some nicely priced omegas for sale take a peek there also, and if buying new press the ad for a nice discount as if you press hard enough getting 25% off is not very difficult

Sent from my ?

sgtguk

Known Member
8/7/12
Try watchuseek for the 8500 there is some great deals on at the moment, and +1 on the rolex forum too!

Your better off waiting till you have saved enough then get the piece you really want too!

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
Thank you for the advice. I will save for the 8500. I got to the point where even the TC's and Sean's were driving me nuts with the minute differences and ultimately I could tell I may never be satisfied. Reps are enjoyable but they don't seem to hold longevity for me...except for the V2 243. I'm hoping a gen with a nice in house will satisfy.

AWESOME site never knew about watchrecon...so easy...THANK YOU

Totally understand what you are going through... Just one of the phases of rep addicts. ;)

Watchrecon also has an app for android. Not sure if its on the iPhone though. That's one very addicting site so be careful!

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Hold out for what you really want, even if it means waiting a bit.

D

d4m.test

...I have been seriously thinking about the 2500, it feels like its worth the price. I'm not sure how much happier I'd be with the 8500.

I'm thinking I could be satisfied with the 2500 & not long for another partly because of the price difference...I think I should wait regardless

sgtguk

Known Member
8/7/12
The 2500 is a great piece S no doubt about it, if your really not sure atm like you have said waiting a bit longer is probably a good idea, good luck!