• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Digital watch recommendations?

achtung

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/10
Hi, I was hoping I'd get some help. I've had the urge to buy a digital watch but something that is still a bit "classy".

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Right now I'm am seriously considering the Junghans Mega 1000 Titan:

128758d1221808710-whats-your-nomination-ultimate-radio-controlled-watch-junghans_mega1000.jpg

I'm aware of the brand Ventura but they are a bit too expensive for a digital watch. :)

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Ehmmmmm... my advice is don't get one, but if you need to go digital, get a Timex.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Check out some vintage digitals from the 70s... Especially those made by Omega. Retro cool and a conversation piece to boot. Otherwise, I'm afraid, I know nothing about the modern ones.

D

d4m.test

My fave is a Diesel DZ7080. I guess "classy" is a matter of taste. This is admittedly a bit loud and obnoxious, but it's also retro and classy at the same time. It's a modern OLED watch that I believe was based off a "futuristic" design from the 70's.

395193d1298764771-what-best-looking-digital-watch-2858_bma6yq0ecvmxngnek5ynrul2x.jpg

dz7080-3.jpg

Just a bit of a warning, it required a button press to show the time.

achtung

20/7/10
Thank you for the input and suggestions everyone.
The reason I decided upon the Junghans was because it's relatively unknown and figured the obscurity would complement a digital watch.

There doesn't seem to any digital watch love here though. :D

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Thank you for the input and suggestions everyone.
The reason I decided upon the Junghans was because it's relatively unknown and figured the obscurity would complement a digital watch.

There doesn't seem to any digital watch love here though. :D

Rep and Gen collectors alike eschew digitals and, for the most part, quartz watches. To me, digital and quartz watches are reliable, practical tools to tell time. It's technology without art and passion. It's like the difference between driving a classic car and hearing the exhaust tone and smelling the intoxicating mix of leather and fuel, versus driving a Toyota Prius. The Prius may be more reliable and efficient, but it's not fun to drive and does not elicit passion.

Clearly, the watch you're buying is a uniquely designed case--but this bunch loves to tinker with movements. We love our old school manual movements based on 90 year old designs (with a few modern twists). No doubt that it sucks to have to remember to wind them every two or three days, but that's part of the allure to owning Pam Marina luminar series watch (and dozens of others based on similar movements).

achtung

20/7/10
Rep and Gen collectors alike eschew digitals and, for the most part, quartz watches. To me, digital and quartz watches are reliable, practical tools to tell time. It's technology without art and passion. It's like the difference between driving a classic car and hearing the exhaust tone and smelling the intoxicating mix of leather and fuel, versus driving a Toyota Prius. The Prius may be more reliable and efficient, but it's not fun to drive and does not elicit passion.

Clearly, the watch you're buying is a uniquely designed case--but this bunch loves to tinker with movements. We love our old school manual movements based on 90 year old designs (with a few modern twists). No doubt that it sucks to have to remember to wind them every two or three days, but that's part of the allure to owning Pam Marina luminar series watch (and dozens of others based on similar movements).

I understand completely, thank you for explaining.

I've looked at some other Junghas analog watches and they have become more appealing. :lol:

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Look at the Hamilton Men-In-Black 2 digital. It's very retro cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
On that note on junghans analog, i kinda like thr max bill chronoscope

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2