• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is my Tag Heuer Aquaracer genuine?

Marcel_17

Looking Around
18/9/17
Hello all,

after I have already bought some replica watches, I wanted to buy a genuine one. I always liked the Aquaracer WAY2112 very much and as far as I know, it was not often found as a replica.
Therefore, I found an offer on ebay, but without box and papers because it was a second hand store.
However, the seller showed me photos of the movement and I was then actually convinced of the authenticity, because it was a Sellita SW200 and I always thought until now that Sellitas were not cloned.
But, after a more thorough search, I found out that there are Sellita clones. Now I am not sure if my watch might not be a replica after all.
Therefore, I did check the serial number on the Tag Heuer online warranty check and it seems to be legit, but, it would be possible that maybe only the caseback is from a real watch or someone just took the serial from a genuine watch.
So I was hoping that the experts among you could help me out.
Below you will find some pictures of the watch.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards
Marcel

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
Looks legit to me. I think most reps use an eta clone and this is a sellita base movement. The finish and markings look good on it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marcel_17