• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just acquired this 16234 set, is it genuine?

sels1997

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/20
9e26b5fd6e7f48edb3adb6782faf9aa6.jpg

I’m sure the quality isn’t that great off that one picture so here is the album to the entire set and closer views! Any help is much appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/I54QnKD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sels1997

25/12/20
Yes, genuine.

Thank you for this! I was a bit worried as it was an eBay buy and didn’t know if everything was Gen or not. What would be a good price for this set?

sels1997

25/12/20
I think by not answering it, you kinda answered it. Haha. Congrats on your parts. I am a big fan of the Datejust 16234.

Let’s just say it will be a $2,800 build with labor and the VR3135 movement ($200 for labor on the build) so you can take a guess! Realized I over paid but also, haven’t found a set like it with all the parts. The last one I found was $1,850 but the seller backed out cause he found a movement (also included all parts including bracelet, it was a huge loss on my behalf - 1601 DJ set)

FaberNewBuilder

30/7/21
Let’s just say it will be a $2,800 build with labor and the VR3135 movement ($200 for labor on the build) so you can take a guess! Realized I over paid but also, haven’t found a set like it with all the parts. The last one I found was $1,850 but the seller backed out cause he found a movement (also included all parts including bracelet, it was a huge loss on my behalf - 1601 DJ set)

Nice, I had a similar build on going, but I used a rep south korean case since the mid case at a good price is not easy to come by. Yea, I'm no stranger to overpaying as well. Get yourself a gen datewheel! If you have any questions hit me up. Finding the right 16234 can be hard since lots of sellers confuse the 16234 and 16014 parts

Last edited:

Invetero

23/11/20

Honestly I don't think you overpaid it, the 5 digits datejust cases are higly sought after and since you have nearly the whole set I have no doubt that the day you'll need to sell these parts you will make a benefit, keep us updated on your build !

sels1997

25/12/20
Honestly I don't think you overpaid it, the 5 digits datejust cases are higly sought after and since you have nearly the whole set I have no doubt that the day you'll need to sell these parts you will make a benefit, keep us updated on your build !

Absolutely will!! I’ll make sure to post it when it’s built, seeking out builders but I think I found the one. Will most likely go with mbari aka chronoshifts on Reddit.

Reactions: Galenik

sels1997

25/12/20
Nice, I had a similar build on going, but I used a rep south korean case since the mid case at a good price is not easy to come by. Yea, I'm no stranger to overpaying as well. Get yourself a gen datewheel! If you have any questions hit me up. Finding the right 16234 can be hard since lots of sellers confuse the 16234 and 16014 parts

Not a bad idea I’ll have to go hunting though for sure, does it fit on a vr3135 movement easily? Yeah, the hunt for a set was hard! I was initially wanting a 1601 DJ but found this complete set instead. 25th bday so the silver dial works great!

FaberNewBuilder

30/7/21
Not a bad idea I’ll have to go hunting though for sure, does it fit on a vr3135 movement easily? Yeah, the hunt for a set was hard! I was initially wanting a 1601 DJ but found this complete set instead. 25th bday so the silver dial works great!

Yup it was a straight swap. They're pretty easy to find on ebay and I think it's super worth it the crispness of the font is just something else. Here's mine, I just finished it. Gen dial, hands, crown, bezel and clasp. Will be upgrading it as time goes by.

Reactions: Mapearso

sels1997

25/12/20
Yup it was a straight swap. They're pretty easy to find on ebay and I think it's super worth it the crispness of the font is just something else. Here's mine, I just finished it. Gen dial, hands, crown, bezel and clasp. Will be upgrading it as time goes by.

Stunning! What did it cost you? Yeah I did a quick search and came empty handed for Gen date wheels.

FaberNewBuilder

30/7/21
Stunning! What did it cost you? Yeah I did a quick search and came empty handed for Gen date wheels.

Roughly around 1.5k. The case and the fluted bezel ate much of the budget. It was really hard to find the right 16234 bezel. Most floating around online are for the 16014 which are a smaller size and would completely ruin the time period accuracy of the watch.

sels1997

25/12/20
Roughly around 1.5k. The case and the fluted bezel ate much of the budget. It was really hard to find the right 16234 bezel. Most floating around online are for the 16014 which are a smaller size and would completely ruin the time period accuracy of the watch.

Oh, that's awesome was it a recent build?

sels1997

25/12/20
7df3123b77e073335a9c340d1cdb84a8.jpg

Many months after getting it built! I’ll be adding more photos unfortunately one at a time lol since I don’t have the VIP