• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dan Henry 1962 "gold"

stinasandler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/7/20
I´ve been wanting to buy a new genuine watch for some time and a watch from Dan Henry cought my eye.
The 1962 in some gold, see link (hope it´s OK to post link ??)

Has anyone here bought this 1962 and could tell me if it´s worth it ?
My self have bought two watches from him and one was real good but was a bit laid down with the 1970 super compressor but I did not expect the full in vintage, that was my bad :/

If anyone here has bought this in gold please let me know and also how it looks on the black strap, pictures would not hurt :)

https://danhenrywatches.com/products/1962-racing-chronograph

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
I've owned a Dan Henry but not the gold. Love his designs, but wish they were backed by real mechanical movements.

You might have more luck getting input from the bigger forums like watchuseek.

stinasandler

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/7/20
I've owned a Dan Henry but not the gold. Love his designs, but wish they were backed by real mechanical movements.

You might have more luck getting input from the bigger forums like watchuseek.

Been on Watchuseek for years. I personally like to buy things that are well made and some times design, but I am not a snop. I felt that the more I go into watches I sometimes like to own a rep, sometimes just to try it out and sometimes just because I can´t justify the price for the genuine watch.

But I gave up on Watchuseek last summer after being an active member, (not only talking watches), because everytime I mention a replica or even a "franken" watch, it was like I was suggesting to burn the bible. After "roaming" this forum for some months, I am more comforable here.

But yes you are without a doubt right that when asking about a genuine watch, a genuine "cheap" watch I should just go their but I feel people here put more "passion" into their answers and discussion. :)

It´s a longshot asking a detail review on a low budget genuine watch on a replica forum but, hey, at least I tried :)

But can I ask what Dan Henry you owned ?
And I totally agree with you, I LOVE his design and take on watches also and the price is a great motivator to buy one :)

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Been on Watchuseek for years. I personally like to buy things that are well made and some times design, but I am not a snop. I felt that the more I go into watches I sometimes like to own a rep, sometimes just to try it out and sometimes just because I can´t justify the price for the genuine watch.

But I gave up on Watchuseek last summer after being an active member, (not only talking watches), because everytime I mention a replica or even a "franken" watch, it was like I was suggesting to burn the bible. After "roaming" this forum for some months, I am more comforable here.

But yes you are without a doubt right that when asking about a genuine watch, a genuine "cheap" watch I should just go their but I feel people here put more "passion" into their answers and discussion. :)

It´s a longshot asking a detail review on a low budget genuine watch on a replica forum but, hey, at least I tried :)

But can I ask what Dan Henry you owned ?
And I totally agree with you, I LOVE his design and take on watches also and the price is a great motivator to buy one :)

I understand exactly what you mean around comfort in forums and more meaningful conversations. I frequent a smaller community watch forum for that and we have virtual meetups.

I had the Gran Turismo Chronograph Silver Dial, but sold minus delivery price to a co-worker because he liked it so much. Though I enjoyed the watch, I would have preferred the face be in white instead of silver.

Interestingly enough, just checking today and there is a now a limited white true panda now available.... I might pick it up, but I already own a 38mm Mechanical Panda,

ZTKVa4.jpg

Last edited:

stinasandler

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/7/20
I understand exactly what you mean around comfort in forums and more meaningful conversations. I frequent a smaller community watch forum for that and we have virtual meetups.

I had the Gran Turismo Chronograph Silver Dial, but sold minus delivery price to a co-worker because he liked it so much. Though I enjoyed the watch, I would have preferred the face be in white instead of silver.

Interestingly enough, just checking today and there is a now a limited white true panda now available.... I might pick it up, but I already own a 38mm Mechanical Panda,

ZTKVa4.jpg

Yeah I think I might actually pick one up also :D