• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gruen Precision Manual Wind 1950s

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK

picked up for just over £100 ... which is the price of a low end DH gate rep !!

Late 1950s Gruen Precision Manual Wind

Case diameter is roughly 35mm excluding the crown with a 18mm lug width

similar style to the Original James Bond watch features in Dr No but that had the small sub dial at the 6 o’clock marker

Case after being cleaned up and a bit of poly watch along with a new leather strap it has come up pretty good

recently serviced as well so is keeping decent time for its age

CJS57

7/9/20
Nice. I have the same watch with full numerals dial. Nice watch I wore for years when I was working.

Reactions: mark2828

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
I nearly picked the full numeral version over this one both were from the same seller for the same price but opted for this one instead

Gruen have slipped under most people’s radar or sadly aren’t very desirable anymore which is a shame as they are great pieces

WatchesJK

Horology Curious
24/10/20
CONUS
Nice piece OP! I have to agree with the comment that Gruen is an underrated brand. They made really nice watches back in the day. There are some really desirable models though. Most notably the Pan Am, Airflight, early Curvex models, and the Precision model Sean Connery wore in the James Bond film Dr. No.

Reactions: mark2828

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
I found it on eBay

there are a few which pop up every now and then usually around the £100 price point

which I don’t think is too bad for what you are getting