• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Quartz Pie Pan 1977

Finchoz

Known Member
29/7/18
I bought this for USD$130 on eBay. It didn't come with a strap or any box or papers. Hardly any info in the listing so was a bit of a gamble. When it arrived I was quite thrilled with how pristine it was. It wasn't working but all I had to do was a battery change. Bought a new strap for it and gave it a clean. The size (33mm) was too small for my liking so I sold it on recently for USD$460. Was a nice profitable little exercise. It funded a new (one of the final) SKX007J2 to add to my collection.

Having a pie pan dial and a fluted bezel is fairly rare, or at least from what I could find online. There were only a couple listed on Chrono24 and they were around $1000-2500 and were the 18k gold versions.

Even though it's only a quartz, it's actually pretty cool. It still has mechanical workings visible on the movement. It has a quick change hour hand, and to change the minutes you press the centre of the crown and hold, and the minute & second hand rotate fast, around one minute advance per 3 seconds (i.e. the second hand does one full rotation per 3 seconds) then just let go when it gets to the desired time.

It is a nice watch and I'm glad I was able to sell it on to someone who loves it.