• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ocean7 LM-5 GMT Pepsi Sapphire Crystal Bezel

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Sometimes it’s nice to get a reminder about the great options in the gen world that are in the same price range as reps. Many do not seem like a good value compared to reps, but I think this one is a big exception.

I've been looking to buy one of these since they came out, and recently got a chance to. Even at MSRP ($899) this stands up to watches multiple time the cost. They come up very rarely on the used market from $400-600 USD.

This one has a chronometer grade ETA 2893-2 GMT movement. 42mm case.

The defining feature is the domed sapphire crystal bezel. That allows lume to be applied underneath and shine through, as well as protecting the colored bezel underneath from scratches. See the lume shot in the last picture. Maybe there is another watch out there that does this, but I can’t think of any.

It came on a carbon fiber/leather strap with deployant, but I wasn’t a big fan. I think it looks great on this ebay shark mesh and a NATO.

jdinaz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/13
Crystal'd bezel. How interesting. Solves the scratching issue with aluminum and makes it interesting to look at. I like the sword hands and Nato strap.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
I’ve got one of these bought last year on here from another member. Great watch for the money, the bezel is killer. It’s like a mash up between a Rolex GMT and a Blancpain.
5b75e52ddb36f950b8682f0d1539fe28.jpg
e83071469d08907f6b0948116ff9d691.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk