• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Orient Worldtimer CFA02001B

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Orient is a brand that is not widely known (in the West, anyway).

The company quietly developed a niche among divers and certain watch enthusiasts, particularly for their high quality in house movements.

Eventually they got the attention of Seiko, of which it's a subsidiary. Now they have more production and distribution in the US. Some models are only available to the Asian market.

The Universal-Worldtime is one of the watches sold by Orient Watch USA.

It has a date dial instead of a wheel and it has a GMT function. It also features a 0-40 hour power reserve dial. A white dial model is also available.

The dial presents applied markers which, along with the time and power reserve hands, have decent lume for a non-dive watch.

The crystal is plain mineral glass, which is the one
feature that I would modify by adding sapphire and single sided AR.

The FA caliber 21J movement is stated to be accurate to +21 - -15 seconds per day.

The case measures a fashionable 42mm without crown.

P1030657.jpg

The crown is signed and sets the hands indicating the time and the date, and the second hour bezel. Another crown at 4 adjusts the world city bezel.

P1030652.jpg

The case is well designed to fit comfortably on my 7" wrist. The knurled bezel adds texture and is polished to offer contrast to the brushed case.

P1030662.jpg

The solid bracelet is brushed with polished accents to compliment the case and the fold over clasp is secure and operates crisply.

P1030672.jpg

It doesn't have an exhibition caseback, however. The polished screw down caseback bears the logo and caliber number and affords a 100 meter rating.

P1030674.jpg

I think this is a hell of a watch for its modest price. Value is a large part of Orient's appeal.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
As you know, I'm an Orient fan as well. I've eyed this one on thier site - nice to see it meets your expectations in the flesh.