• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GUG - Hamilton Khaki Mechanical

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
There are many Hamiltons, and many Hamilton Khakis. This particular one is among the smaller (more reasonable!), at 38mm. It's on a leather-lined olive canvas strap, and I really like the look. A similar model was worn by U.S. troops in WW2 (or so I've read.. didn't actually serve in WW2 myself)...

Anyway, I don't know a whole lot about the watch other than it's well-made by a respected American watch company and retails for $325, but you can get it for about $260 from a Hamilton dealer (or slightly less if used)... not bad for a good looking genuine watch, built to last, with a real Swiss ETA inside! Oh yeah, and of course it's got lume 8)

Now for a few pics. Enjoy :)

khaki.jpg

khaki2.jpg

khaki3.jpg

Hamilton_wrist.jpg

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Man that's a real nice watch! It just has that "somthing" that makes it special. I want one damn you! Pity Hammy never got into deployment clasps. It'd be close to perfect then. Na, on second thoughts, I'd be happy with the buckle. Nice, simple, easy to read tool that also happens to be a beautyfully designed piece.
Nice pics BTW. We expect the best from your new toy.

Col.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Hamilton have really made some real strides with their less expensive watches over the last few years. Stickied!

mick92627

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/09
Just ordered a Hamilton Khaki III over the weekend from Amazon. $105 for the Swiss quartz. Other than that, the exact same face. Would love to find out where I could get the strap shown in these pics.

Was going to put a Maratac Elite Wow on it to replace the underwhelming leather it comes with, but these pics just completely changed my mind. Now I'm on a mission.

In Tony Montana's accent: "I say to myself, that strap, chee a tiger; chee belong to me."

Thanks swissaddict

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
mick92627 said:
Just ordered a Hamilton Khaki III over the weekend from Amazon. $105 for the Swiss quartz. Other than that, the exact same face. Would love to find out where I could get the strap shown in these pics.

Was going to put a Maratac Elite Wow on it to replace the underwhelming leather it comes with, but these pics just completely changed my mind. Now I'm on a mission.

In Tony Montana's accent: "I say to myself, that strap, chee a tiger; chee belong to me."

Thanks swissaddict
You might try The Watch Prince. Doug there has sold me three bands and seems to know how to find specific bands for gens.

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
what s really a good price for this brand and mvt, it s the price of quartz model... nice thanks for sharing

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
MEYER8888 said:
what s really a good price for this brand and mvt, it s the price of quartz model... nice thanks for sharing
Are you asking about the quartz? Or mechanical? The quartz is much cheaper, you can find for about $100-150. Mechanical version (the one I have) for about $200-250 from some sellers, just have to search, there are some good deals out there. Actually I will have to sell mine one of these days, the strap is slightly too loose for my small wrist when I wear it on the last hole (my fault, didn't try it before buying), because of that only have worn it twice. :cry: But it looks very pretty in my watch box :)

mick92627

20/3/09
twofrompsu said:
You might try The Watch Prince. Doug there has sold me three bands and seems to know how to find specific bands for gens.

Will do. Thanks for the tip.

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
I know this is an old thread, but after watching miracle at st. anna i saw one of the soldiers look down at his hamilton. i believe this one and i was like whoa, i want one. I really love this simplicity this watch has and the fact that its an affordable gen! i will probably buy it soon but does anybody have a picture of the case back for this particular model???? I have seen hamiltons have a clear casebacks and some don't. The one's i have seen are beauitful!

Such as these...

hamilton3.jpg

hamiltoncaseback1.jpg

hamiltoncaseback2.jpg

Slevin

18/1/09
That is a sweet watch. I think I'm going to search around for one.

narcoden

8/7/11
This watch (HML-H69419363) is on amazon.com for $220 right now and I got a $125 in gift cards this week. This is hard to resist! What an awesome simple little watch this is.

phillycheez

6/6/09
This watch (HML-H69419363) is on amazon.com for $220 right now and I got a $125 in gift cards this week. This is hard to resist! What an awesome simple little watch this is.

Sweet deal! That's the green dial version though. Black dial has always either been sold out or more expensive.

By the way... One is for sale here on rwi... find a better price and ill beat it!

phillycheez

6/6/09

Sweet deal! That's the green dial version though. Black dial has always either been sold out or more expensive.

By the way... One is for sale here on rwi... find a better price and ill beat it!

narcoden

8/7/11

I know, the black dial version is $300 everywhere. You got a great deal going... I've been resisting your sale as well as funds are not in my bank account until I get a bonus in two weeks. Then I won a few amazon gift cards at a trade show this week and suddenly the watch could be mine for $95 out of my pocket.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I know this is necro-posting... but Amazon has the newer (2011) version of this watch currently for 249.44$ model
H70515137

"used" on the bracelet.... Swiss 2824-2, sapphire, good lume.... looks like the "used" is scratches on case and bracelet. (I just snatched the only "scratches on bracelet only" model for 250.01$ shipped).

Compared to the pricing on "swiss" clones... this is a steal for a watch with the same wrist presence as the IWC Mark XVII....