This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUG - Hamilton Khaki Mechanical

There are many Hamiltons, and many Hamilton Khakis. This particular one is among the smaller (more reasonable!), at 38mm. It's on a leather-lined olive canvas strap, and I really like the look. A similar model was worn by U.S. troops in WW2 (or so I've read.. didn't actually serve in WW2 myself)...

Anyway, I don't know a whole lot about the watch other than it's well-made by a respected American watch company and retails for $325, but you can get it for about $260 from a Hamilton dealer (or slightly less if used)... not bad for a good looking genuine watch, built to last, with a real Swiss ETA inside! Oh yeah, and of course it's got lume 8)

Now for a few pics. Enjoy

Man that's a real nice watch! It just has that "somthing" that makes it special. I want one damn you! Pity Hammy never got into deployment clasps. It'd be close to perfect then. Na, on second thoughts, I'd be happy with the buckle. Nice, simple, easy to read tool that also happens to be a beautyfully designed piece.
    Nice pics BTW. We expect the best from your new toy.

Col.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Hamilton have really made some real strides with their less expensive watches over the last few years. Stickied!
      Any advice for those just starting to get into replica collecting?
      Yes. Stay away. Stay very far way. Use your money on something more productive and less addictive like, say, blow, midgets and hookers.

Say it with me! Say it loud! Say it proud! Say it so google picks up the search terms!! Replica Watch Forum!! Replica Watch Forum!! Replica Watch Forum!!!

Seanf: "To whomever keeps putting homoerotic subtextual images on my James Bond avatars, fair warning. I will hunt you down and straight up murder you."

Comment

simplistic nice watch

Comment

I really do like that watch. Where's a good place to get one of these?
          "You know, the worst ain't so bad when it finally happens. Not half as bad as you figure it'll be before it's happened." - Curtin from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Comment

Very nice! I miss my Hamilton, it was a great watch!

Comment

Glad there's another Hamilton fan here. I have two, and shall post some pix later.
              "First you have to think what this hobby means to you. Is it all about deceiving people, being anal about small details... or is it just general "watch love"? I can honestly pick up the latter. Nobody has ever asked if my watches are genuine or not... even Rolexes." By-Tor

"I was going to say that the balls BB posted looked very smooth and shiny, but you've ruined my mood." frigpig

"I know. I'm sorry s e a d going to pay closer aggression to what I'm typing from now on." egroegart

Questions about RWI and its relationship with the cartel? Read this.

Comment

Just ordered a Hamilton Khaki III over the weekend from Amazon. $105 for the Swiss quartz. Other than that, the exact same face. Would love to find out where I could get the strap shown in these pics.

Was going to put a Maratac Elite Wow on it to replace the underwhelming leather it comes with, but these pics just completely changed my mind. Now I'm on a mission.

In Tony Montana's accent: "I say to myself, that strap, chee a tiger; chee belong to me."

Thanks swissaddict

Comment

Originally posted by mick92627
                  Just ordered a Hamilton Khaki III over the weekend from Amazon. $105 for the Swiss quartz. Other than that, the exact same face. Would love to find out where I could get the strap shown in these pics.

Was going to put a Maratac Elite Wow on it to replace the underwhelming leather it comes with, but these pics just completely changed my mind. Now I'm on a mission.

In Tony Montana's accent: "I say to myself, that strap, chee a tiger; chee belong to me."

Thanks swissaddict
                  You might try The Watch Prince. Doug there has sold me three bands and seems to know how to find specific bands for gens.
                  "First you have to think what this hobby means to you. Is it all about deceiving people, being anal about small details... or is it just general "watch love"? I can honestly pick up the latter. Nobody has ever asked if my watches are genuine or not... even Rolexes." By-Tor

"I was going to say that the balls BB posted looked very smooth and shiny, but you've ruined my mood." frigpig

"I know. I'm sorry s e a d going to pay closer aggression to what I'm typing from now on." egroegart

Comment

Originally posted by MEYER8888
                    what s really a good price for this brand and mvt, it s the price of quartz model... nice thanks for sharing
                    Are you asking about the quartz? Or mechanical? The quartz is much cheaper, you can find for about $100-150. Mechanical version (the one I have) for about $200-250 from some sellers, just have to search, there are some good deals out there. Actually I will have to sell mine one of these days, the strap is slightly too loose for my small wrist when I wear it on the last hole (my fault, didn't try it before buying), because of that only have worn it twice. But it looks very pretty in my watch box

Comment

Originally posted by twofrompsu
                      You might try The Watch Prince. Doug there has sold me three bands and seems to know how to find specific bands for gens.
                      Will do. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but after watching miracle at st. anna i saw one of the soldiers look down at his hamilton. i believe this one and i was like whoa, i want one. I really love this simplicity this watch has and the fact that its an affordable gen! i will probably buy it soon but does anybody have a picture of the case back for this particular model???? I have seen hamiltons have a clear casebacks and some don't. The one's i have seen are beauitful!

Such as these...

<font size="1.5" face="Verdana"><font color=#F87217>
                        PecMan Says:

im gonna tell u something guys and u better listen to me ,
                        when u go and get a tattoo it is going to hurt
                        when u wanna get in shape , u will work out hard!
                        when u want more money u will prepare urself hard! and get a nice job!
                        if u wanna nice watch u need to wait! and that is hard
                        is the magic of things , the little thing that at the end makes u enjoy ur achivement
                        no pain, no gain! 2 easy 2 boring. no emotions! so wait! months! years!!! centurions!!:/</font></font>

Comment

That is a sweet watch. I think I'm going to search around for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slevin, post: 651859
                            That is a sweet watch. I think I'm going to search around for one.
                            Search, you must. It's not listed as a current model on Hamilton's (great new) sales site.

Excellent watches for the money, IMHO. Good hunting!

Comment

Working...
                            X