• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some one explain this "brand"...

2poor4real1z

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/7/08
I am toying with the idea of a gen so I went looking and this is what I came across. It seems to me, knowing only what I know about watches from what I have learned on the rep forums, that all these brands are kinda the same. They all have virtually the same web site and upon further investigation, they are all owned by the same individual, a Mr. John House. The prices seem all out of whack also from one to another being, what I see as virtually the same watch. I made a post earlier about a watch brand called Pe're De Temps and learned that it was the same watch, just differently branded as CTI. Is this the same deal and is this common place for low end ( under a grand) watches? The brands in question are Balmer, Dubuole, Rousseau, Romilly, and Louis Bolle. Oh and they all claim to have a rich history going back to the 17 or 18 hundreds but is never very specific. This is how I spend my day off... lol
(edit)
I think I just answered my own question or rater Watchbuff did it for me in another thread. I think it's another millinsmart.com story but not 100% on that. Still it does not explain the "swiss history" unless thats just an out right lie.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Embarassing to admit but, I own a Wohler, which has the same TY chinese automatic movement as some of the Rousseau and Louis Bolle watches...very inexpensive in 100-200 dollar range but come with a 1 or 2 year warranty. I'm not quite sure about the so-called rich history. :?

Some actually don't look too bad. Cheap watches for skin flints like me. :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I don't know too much about them but if you look at the bottom link for the Dobuole web site they link you to Bernoulli. Here is a watch for MSRP of 2595.

bernoulli.jpg

It is on Ebay for starting price of 1.00. http://cgi.ebay.com/BERNOULLI-AUTOMATIC ... 1349r32848 Mineral Crystal on a 2600 watch? I trust these guys as far as I could throw em.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yah I think if we refer to GUG's in general we mean watches with swiss movements in them.

I would classify the others as GUCC's- Gens Under 200 bux. :eek:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
cybee said:

Me too Cybee, these would sell like hot cakes on PMWF. Which is fine if advertised as Asian movements.

@ 2 poor, I still recommend you don't put these in your store. It looks like they have flood ebay with these watches and I don't think you want to compete against that.

2poor4real1z

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/7/08
cybee said:
Yah I think if we refer to GUG's in general we mean watches with swiss movements in them.

Agreed didn't know what section they belonged in though. :) But we are still looking for a nice mid range watch to replace one of our two "crap" brands The hunt continues.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
2poor4real1z said:
cybee said:

Agreed didn't know what section they belonged in though. :) But we are still looking for a nice mid range watch to replace one of our two "crap" brands The hunt continues.

Have you tried to contact SWI in their Florida office? They have a bunch of brands under their umbrella including Edox and Burett. I am sure they can entertain a 300-900 watch for your store.