• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GUG # 5 : STOWA - Jorg Schauer Marine

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
my favourite watch since long time. $ 1000 - but only because the $ has became so weak.....i saw the watch for $ 800 before.
a total steal. Stowa ( Storz Walther ) built watches for Nazi germany....incredible quality.

for 1 grand you get incredible features, the movement, handwound 6498, perelage under a BALANCED ! hour wheel, swan neck, great decoration, blued hands,
-blued screws, sapphire front and back.

the movement used by STOWA in the Marine has recieved more upgrades then a Panerai.( thats my opinion !! ) here the Stowa description:

The Marine Original is back!

The STOWA Marine Original has a white dial, blued hands and a small seconds dial at the 6 position. The watch houses a hand wound Unitas 6498 movement with blued screws, screw balance, a swan neck regulator and a Côte de Genève decorative pattern ("Geneva Stripes") that can be seen through the sapphire crystal display back. The casing is offered in a matt or polished finish and the black leather strap is accented with white stitching and fitted with a stainless steel STOWA buckle.

Dimensions

The Marine Original is 41mm wide and 10.80mm thick.
The strap size is 22mm.

Marine.jpg

Marine4.jpg

Marine5.jpg

Marine2.jpg

Marine3.jpg

here a pocket watch that nobody wants to have, because it is EVIL NAZI
german WW2 Kriegsmarine made by STOWA :

mstowaf01.jpg

mstowas01.jpg

mstowam01.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Great review H_U...and that Stowa is indeed a great price. Nice, clean and uncluttered dial and that movement is gorgeous.

We are seeing some excellent watches and prices in the GUG threads.

is it pronounced GUG (goog) or (gug)?? :?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
cybee said:
Great review H_U...and that Stowa is indeed a great price. Nice, clean and uncluttered dial and that movement is gorgeous.

We are seeing some excellent watches and prices in the GUG threads.

is it pronounced GUG (goog) or (gug)?? :?

Agree that it's a good review. Operation sticky--- commence!

And GUG is pronounced gug. Hence the word-- "GUG." And, although I didn't think I'd really need to say this, there are no other silent letters in GUG, so it's not pronounced Guggenheim, Guggalug, Hugoneous, or Barry.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
seanf said:
And GUG is pronounced gug. Hence the word-- "GUG." And, although I didn't think I'd really need to say this, there are no other silent letters in GUG, so it's not pronounced Guggenheim, Guggalug, Hugoneous, or Barry.

remember that Woody Allen movie where he held up a bank with a gun, but the note he gave the teller said "gub" so they would not give him the money...so it's pronounce gug, just like "gub" or gun.... Sweet.

Oh I just remembered the movie..Take the Money and Run. ( I think ) :D

horologie_unitas

3/12/06
Helmut,

ein kleiner, sarkastischer Witz....

die STOWA KRIEGSMARINE Taschenuhr ist unbezahlbar, extrem selten und auf einer Ebene mit Lange BeobachtungsUhren.

ich denke der Durchmesser betraegt ca. 52mm.

eine Geldanlage erster Guete !

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yes the movement in your pocket watch, H_U it looks like it has been totally rebuilt, like brand new.

I just found this one today and comparing it to yours is almost funny but wondering if the movement could be refurbished.

This one needs to be completely re-done but the owner says it's running. It has a different insignia on the dial too. 50 mm case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STOWA-Antique-Pocke ... 18Q2el1247

horologie_unitas

3/12/06
unfortunately, its not my watch....sigh !

dont even think dealing with those ukrainian russians....all the stull you see was stolen in germany.

besides that....find a solution with a russian guy in UKRAINIA...when problems arise.

good luck.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
H_U's photo's went bye-bye so I'm throwing in a couple pics of the Marine Original. The watch is not mine and neither are the photos... :shock: :D

Stowa_mo_13.jpg

StowamarineoriginalmovementII.jpg