• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seiko Monster

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Tried and true dive watch, skip the rep when diving and pickup one of these for less then a mod'ed noob.

Typical internet price: $200 USD... But I seen it as Sams Club (US bulk store, ie costco.) the other night for $106.00

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
Re: GUG #9 - Seiko Monster

Seiko Monsters offer tremendous bang for the buck. They are rugged watches and make for great beaters.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Re: GUG #9 - Seiko Monster

The Monster is a truly ugly watch that is a truly tremendous diving instrument. I don't care how many bloody fathoms it can go, I'm still not taking a $5000 watch down to the bottom of the friggin' ocean. So if you're a real diver, the Monster is a tremendous value.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
WOW $106 at COSTCO? Ill buy a black to complete my collection, blue , orange and black. have a link? :)

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
As said above this is a true divers watch and it is a very common watch among the commercial divers. We source them through bluedial.com. Very reputable company. When I was selling watches to the Ukranians and the Croats on a boat I worked on in Mexico, I purchased a lot of watches from these guys. They give you free 2nd day air shipping and free sizing. Check them out.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
horologie_unitas said:
could find nothing on the costco website.

I don't think all the Costco stores carry the same brands of watches. For instance the store in my neck of the woods carries Cartier but not Rolex. But I know they have a catalog in the store and they can order for you from another store, I think.

Do they still honor the manufactures warranty if you buy from Costco??? Wouldnt matter for a Monster but it would for me on a higher end brand.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
cybee said:
Do they still honor the manufactures warranty if you buy from Costco??? Wouldnt matter for a Monster but it would for me on a higher end brand.

No. Costco, along with jomashop.com, is one of the largest so-called "grey-market" dealers in high end watches. If you buy a watch from there, you won't get the manufacturers' warranty, but frequently, these places will offer their own warranty that is as good as the original manufacturers' warranty. And as a practical matter, it probably won't make much difference because by the time it's time for your watch to be serviced or worked on, it'll be out of warranty anyway. Last time I checked, it was running about $700 for a full Omeeega servicing, and about $1000 for a Rolex.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Thats true. i had my Breitling Emergency serviced for $800.00 2 years ago.
If I can get a Monster for $106.00 I'll get it. Then I'll quest for the red.

I find myself leaning to low level gens and some high ones. Maybe my rep appetite has been soured

speedster

23/10/07
Yeah, watched a diving program the other day, they were looking for new species and were going about 150metres down iirc, I spotted that one of the guys was wearing a seiko Monster.

Bloody hell Watchbuff, $800 for a service :shock:

EDIT: :shock: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-MONSTER-A ... B000HR2LGW so thats $1400 (rrp $3000) are they havin a laugh!?

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Yep $800.00

The ELT is the killer. The quartz is bulletproof. Usual hosing from AD's I had it done in Connecticut @ Breitling