• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GUG #3 Ball Engineer II

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Much to do about the Luminox technology, Luminox watches are fantastic. But what if you want something a bit more substantial in an Automatic? Answer, BALL Watch. If you don't know of Ball Watch you should go read their history page it's very impressive and a great story. http://www.ballwatch.com/preview/index. ... lang=en_US I personally don't have one yet but I have been shopping and feeling around. They are as solid as a tank or locomotive, they are intended to be as such. This model is small on the 38MM side but don't let that stop you, it wears like a 42. Now if you have a ball dealer you should be able to snag this for under 1000. If you don't you can contact an online grey market seller such as 2000watches.com and have them send you one. Make sure you get the boxes and mfg warranty cards, they should do this for you. Anyway here are some borrowed pics from the Mfgr.

BallEngineerIINight.jpg

BallEngineerIIDAy.jpg

http://www.2000watches.com/vshop/detail ... index.html

$960.00 Tritium Tubes and a warranty, nothing wrong with that. There is another Engineer Ohio for 875.00 as well.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Relabeled and stickied. Interesting watch, R2 (although not my style). I've heard of Ball, but honestly, I was surprised to see they have anything in a sub $1000 line at all. My recollection was they had a lot more pricey stuff.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
By Pricey do you mean, 2-3 grand or more? They have many in the 1-2 Grand arena. This is my fav and it's priced 1250.00 gray market. It' more sub stantial at 43MM too. You should check them out, MarkB on TimeZone has these for sale at a good price from time to time.

BallNightTrainRubber.jpg

BallNighttrainleather.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
The Ball watches are great...this one here can be purchased for around $850.00. I would buy one.

NM1016C-S-WH.jpg

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Love these! SAeen a few on Ebay for pretty decent deals. Thye love tritium over there!

LoganX3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/08
i love ball.
i picked up a used engineer on ebay a while back for a ridiculously good deal.
great watches, very well made, and the bigger models feel just right.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
LoganX3 said:
i love ball.
i picked up a used engineer on ebay a while back for a ridiculously good deal.
great watches, very well made, and the bigger models feel just right.

Logan, would you do us a favor and post some pics of your watch on this post? Include details, I think this is a really good way to get people involved in the GUG section. Thanks in advance.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yep, they do nice stuff. Ever heard the expresion "on the ball"? ie: right on the mark. Guess from whence it came.

Col.

vizsladog

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/08
thanks for the info. never knew that

Tranman

23/1/09
Anyone looking for a BALL watch, be sure to do some research on the difference b/t T25 and T100. Basically, some of the newer models come in T100 for a brighter and longer lasting glow. You can tell the difference by looking at the dial around 7-8 hour markers. It will either say T25 or nothing at all. I believe it is a T100 if it says nothing at all.

I picked up a TRASER watch from the bay for a great price as well. Ball buys their tritium tubes from Traser. The traser watches have the same H3 tubes as Ball (T25) watches but about 1/2 the price. Though not the same engineering that goes into a Traser, they are still absolute tanks. Very solid feel to them. I have the classic and love it.
classic-alarm-bd-steel.jpg

conc78

Horology Curious
28/9/08
i picked up this Ball Fireman from Markus (aka MarkB) last year for US$850..

sorry for the dust..
CIMG1447.jpg

CIMG1501-1.jpg

a nite shot of the tritium tubes..
CIMG1459.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
That looks fantastic Conc. How easy was it to deal with Markb?

conc78

Horology Curious
28/9/08
easy enough.. fast replies + lots of emails + photos of the actual watch as information along the way.. as it was the first time i was buying anything of this value from overseas, he was reassuring and guided me along.. he's located in HK, which is convenient for me as shipping to SG is pretty fast.. not too sure how long it takes to the CONUS..

u can find him on watchnet with the userid cnmark.. the guy has some amazing photography skills too..

300kph

24/5/13
I have a Hydrocarbon Engineer on my want list. Where is the cheapest place to buy? Authentic Watches dot com do not sell Ball.

W

cuevobat

14/6/10
Yea, I know this is an old thread; but I love me some Ball. I have the Skylab II and when I horked-up the 7750 they fixed it for free. Great customer service.

Ceemee

Horology Curious
13/3/18
Nice colour scheme on the face. Haven't seen many of these bad boys in the UK

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Anyone looking for a BALL watch, be sure to do some research on the difference b/t T25 and T100. Basically, some of the newer models come in T100 for a brighter and longer lasting glow. You can tell the difference by looking at the dial around 7-8 hour markers. It will either say T25 or nothing at all. I believe it is a T100 if it says nothing at all.

I picked up a TRASER watch from the bay for a great price as well. Ball buys their tritium tubes from Traser. The traser watches have the same H3 tubes as Ball (T25) watches but about 1/2 the price. Though not the same engineering that goes into a Traser, they are still absolute tanks. Very solid feel to them. I have the classic and love it.
classic-alarm-bd-steel.jpg

Check out Nite Watches. The best use of the T25 is on the military or tactical.watch. I think they were contracted to sell to SAS. That T100 really glows!

Reactions: Sonofalich

iltl64

14/12/18
I'll just throw this out there: dealing with the Ball service center is a fucking nightmare. The process is that you ship it to Florida, it sits there indefinitely until they have enough packages to justify shipping to Switzerland, then it sits there also they get around to fixing it (also no time frame given), then they wait again to ship back until enough watches have been completed. If you call the Florida center they'll tell you minimum turnaround is 6 months.