• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Christopher Ward C60 Tridents review

lagger

10/5/14
I recently picked up a Trident C60 300 quartz in the third off sale for £209....................then DFQ made me aware of the C60 600 Autos going in the 50% off sale so I picked one of these up for a simply ridiculous £299!!!!

Both 43mm models.

These come with a 60/60 guarantee 60 days return, 60 month repairs, a great deal, so I returned the quartz, but before I did I snapped a few side by side pictures for your perusal.

Having both in the hand they are great quality watches, nice tight bezel action, lovely flat crystals, and well machined cases, but to me the look of the quartz is slightly dated with the round hour markers and bezel font, but this is personal preference, the auto with its battons and fresh ceramic bezel, although the matte bezel of the quartz picks up less marks, looks sharper and more modern.

Deeply stamped backs

The wave dial, on White it is not that obvious but it is more prominent on the auto

The lume is odd, brighter and darker variations between the hands etc, it is well applied on the brighter parts

I would have expected a deployant on the Auto TBH, an upgrade for the future

A size comparison against a YM

Great watches, well packaged, well made, and they are quality and value

Reactions: csthe

dogrough

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/12
Found out about Christopher Ward about 2 years ago. Found them being sold on ebay & was really taken with the blue bezel black face model of Trident. Contacted CW & they had stopped making it!, so i waited for 2nd hand one & i was lucky & got a very nice one.

When they first were selling them they done different bezel/face combo's which i thought was good, now they only do a couple, which seems a shame. Also with the auto's you either get an ETA or a sellita & you wont know which, doesn't matter to me but i dare say there would be some who would like/need to know.

Any how they are a very nice watch, well made & a great price. If if you take a look you may well be surprised, i know i was & i'm glad i did.

Kevin

tyrantblade

21/6/11
I have a Mk1 c60 GMT on the bracelet coming from Christopher Ward themselves as part of a (limited stock and almost sold out of everything) sale they had on their forum, same 60/60 guarantee as brand new watches.

Mikey101

5/5/17
Great looking watch, great value for nice gen

Sent from my iPad using RWI

j4ckyzz

Horology Curious
8/8/17
I saw a couple of reviews on youtube about this brand. One doubt would be the reflecting crystal. Anyone knows if it is an issue for the daily use?

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
I have one of these in pvd with brown strap.

Possibly the best watch you could buy for 300

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
I have an orange bezel c60 trident pro. Lovely watch. I was hoping to collect some more CW watches, but then they remarketed and went all hip. I really don’t like the new logo/company name on the watch faces. The original style is much more classy imo.

DavidsCoaching

14/11/17
England
Christopher Ward offer a great deal of bang for the buck. They appear well made and, while on the mechanical side they are not too exotic, they use well-proven and trusted movements that will work well and be easily serviced at a very reasonable price. I feel they represent some of the best value watch available along with Seiko.

Reactions: csthe

Vintagerolly

26/7/18
i've had 3 c60s before, 1 gmt and the other 2 quartz. all excellent quality watches for the price. I should have kept the blue one!