• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seiko SDGM 003 aka grand cocktail aka baby GS

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Have this watch for half a year already and i'm still amazed by the quality of this piece. Case is very nice with sharp contrast between brushed and polished sides. Crystal blows away anything that i have seen on an out of the box watch, be it rep or gen (rollies, AP, omegas... don't stand a chance) it is simply amazing, i think it is on par with prof Steve's crystals. I will post a comparo shot with my no date sub with Steve's double AR crystal.

The bracelet is of great quality as well but i don't really feel the combo, I like it more on straps, so i joggle between the minimalist pull up leather and my favorite vintage brown gator.

yIlZdos.jpg

9ZkrJNi.jpg

BBMOUMd.jpg

more pics will be added soon.

J!m1

Renowned Member
6/6/14
Connecticut
Looks nice Seiko is the worst kept secret to amazing quality (in house movement) watches on earth.

I have an SKX007J that is also amazing in the quality:price ratio. It just leaves so many others in the dust!

D

d4m.test

Thanks [MENTION=33943]SMP_lover[/MENTION]

I have been checking this one out lately, would love to see some more side profile pics to see the height of it and how it sits on the wrist. Would love to hear more thoughts as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
I totally agree that Seikos are way under rated- here is one of mine that I put my 2xAR crystal on a Swiss sapphire and I do think it makes a significant difference over the Seiko gen crystals- check it out.

More people should be aware that Seiko Gran Seikos are on par or better than their comparable Swiss counterparts, especially the spring movement. That is not what is pictured here - these are mid range Seikos

1_zpshyxl4h7i.jpg

2_zpsc6ep8tx2.jpg

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I totally agree that Seikos are way under rated- here is one of mine that I put my 2xAR crystal on a Swiss sapphire and I do think it makes a significant difference over the Seiko gen crystals- check it out.

More people should be aware that Seiko Gran Seikos are on par or better than their comparable Swiss counterparts, especially the spring movement. That is not what is pictured here - these are mid range Seikos

1_zpshyxl4h7i.jpg

2_zpsc6ep8tx2.jpg

Prof,

Do you stock seiko monster xtals?

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
some of them but only a few and all Swiss sapphire- I am also sending a batch to the lab in about 3 weeks or less so if I don't have it now I can get it from my Swiss manufacturer and most likely have it in time for coating.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Crystal quality out of the box is amazing. Rollie has prof's double AR crystal, for reference.

26e40e2b42029b6727a95645836a5a02.jpg

98bb29c4c099d18c941087b37e87c1e6.jpg

54f23ca8b3ed15b60b481706ef584d4e.jpg

9b1875705e04687ca9c13873301c5f47.jpg

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
I hate to say it but the closer you look at a Rolex mechanicals, and consider the lack of innovation the design represents (its essentially exactly what they've been putting out for decades) the worse it gets... then look at high end Brightz and Grands, the better Seiko looks for all the little details and innovations they have brought to them. Those two companies have entirely dissimilar approaches to the business though so I'm not even sure its a fair comparison. Its almost like they are selling different things. I do wish, sometimes, that our reps came with the robust movements of a SKX007 though - rather than a copy of some Swiss dinosaur. Wouldn't that be a treat.