• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seiko SKX Pepsi Ordered, stoked!

tmgrdon

Horology Curious
3/6/16
Just got into reps, ordered an Omega PO Noob and enjoying it but headed to Cuba in two weeks and I'm a big surfer, diver & beach bum so knew I wanted something a little more low budget, durable and badass. I've had Nixons in the past but their style just doesn't do it for me anymore and that classic diver look can't be outdone.

So, I'm gonna unload the Nixon's (hopefully) and enjoy some newer ones like this. Paid extra for a nice oyster bracelet... Can't wait to get it and enjoy while traveling.

Has anyone modded one of these? Only desire would be maybe changing hands or the color of the second hand. Also need to learn about straps vs. bracelets and where to get the good ones.

P1020367.jpg

Reactions: outerbolt
D

d4m.test

It´s a top watch, You´ll love it. Goes very well with Nato-straps for swimming/sports. Super-bright lume!
You´ll find modding parts at Dagaz.

Paul Hewitt from Amazon
IMG_32171024_zpsaa1deab0.jpg

leather from cheapestnatostraps.com (love this, soft, comfortable, waterresistant)
IMG_3360_zps05d7e9a5.jpg

SnobbyDermis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/15
You'll love it. It's one of my favorite watches. I put a MiLTAT jubilee bracelet on it, and it was a fantastic upgrade. It also looks amazing on a red, white, and blue NATO. I plan on buying another one to mod. I really like the fifty fathoms mod. I hope you enjoy it when it comes.

frediiii

3/7/15
I had a skx009 that I had fitted with a domed sapphire, a 4r36 hacking movement with black day wheel, orange seconds hand tip and 'S' engraved crown from another model. Was wearing it on a strapcode solid jubilee... What a watch!

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

tmgrdon

Horology Curious
3/6/16
Watch arrived, wow its cool! The lume must be radioactive or something its crazy how strong it is.

The mods look like a lot of fun, I will be looking into changes to the hands as they are a bit bland. Overall super happy with it and excited for the oyster bracelet and a few nato straps to arrive.

Reactions: Voo-doo

Nocto

Horology Curious
25/8/16
Love this watch!

Did some mods to mine.

GMT Batman mod! :laugh:
B9227E7A-5A99-49A8-B064-B518DBF372F9.jpg
1704769F-0C1F-4102-BEAC-820C42C3A357.jpg

ogadjim

8/8/15
SKX is a good watch. I had 009 and sold it. Didn't like the movement and the finicky crown. Mine was brand new. You can get brand new Seiko SRP777 turtle for $300 or less now. A better watch IMO with a way superior hand winding and hacking movement. I have that one which I dive with and also turtle PADI. Both are terrific watches that look like SKX but better in every category. They are very affordable now. I would look into turtle line if I was in the market for a dive watch. These are fantastic divers and just overall awesome watches. Forget the SKX, get the turtle. There is no comparison. Just my 2 cents.

twowheelsdaily

1/10/16
Enjoy, it's a great watch. I wear mine everyday at work and it takes a beating well. Not a pepsi but here is mine.
CaSMMIV.jpg

whatwhato

28/1/17
c81ffc60fbb4b67a68acacb2662340af.jpg

Here's my SKX009 I put new hands and a sapphire crystal in. + Miltek bracelet.

I really fancy a stock 007. I ordered one but got ripped off and haven't found anywhere cheap and reputable yet to source another :/

Sent from the RWI App

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
One of the best watches I own. Mine got strapcode super jubilee. Double doom crystal . Moded seconds hand and now been sent for hacking 4R37 Japanese movement
RFbL7SJ

resin

22/6/18
I still wear my SKX007 as one of my regular drivers