• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Steinharts!

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
I would love to have one of the Pepsi GMTs. I'd bleach the insert and have a vintage relume done and holy hell would it be bad ass.

D

d4m.test

Yes I've heard great things about the soprad. When I was looking at steinhart last year only the special edition models had soprad and the rest had either eta or sellita. Have they switched over to all soprad?.don't they also have an in house movement now?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Didn't know the were using sellita so I'm not sure......they do have some of their own movements but only use it in certain models

Sent from my iPhone V6.5s using Tapatalk

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Mine says hi -
https://imgur.com/a/yYbuh
I was suprised the newly released ocean two is using An eta (the ocean two premium had a so prod not sure about the newer model. Not crazy about the crown but I like the rest of it- pending the overall lug to lug.
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-two-black,972.html
i could go for a Pepsi gmt- and maybe the aviation gmt but the size might make it a daily wearer no-no for me

Omg that crown guards are so ugly!! Why they made like this?? I guess lot of people would think like me

Sent from my iPhone

c0okie

18/7/15
@MaronAckay Here is my 39mm Coke GMT, they made it in pepsi too. I have only seen like 3 of these for sale ever, took me months to find one.

orWZ7lMl.jpg%3F1

msaCYtUl.jpg

HjTRvIBl.jpg

Beautiful, didn't know the older ones came in 39mm..

c0okie

18/7/15
Thank you brother I will picture bomb the place as always [emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone

Please do so my friend, still not arrived?

Going little bit off topic but got this in a trade yesterday. Also an awesome watch, wears great!
5ac5997fc4c6bb84c1e7f04caf4e8682.jpg
ea68891989a5d4e47d2dde49504947d6.jpg
47dd6b595daa58c1410c7f8dbf3c6ed2.jpg
2f1e9c79120663005516e1f65bb6b3a1.jpg

hunter.nurse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/16
I have to say that the pepsi might put me over the edge. I'm looking for a budget version of my Pelagos (looking to sell my gen eventually), and have mixed feelings on the ocean 1...but the red 'white' and blue look just has USA written all over the German watch, and well I love it... :)

exrazile

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
It's a bit of an old thread, but thought I'd chime in here. I have a 38.5mm Debaufre Ocean One. It is, in fact, a Steinhart with a different name. For a couple years, North American distribution of their watches went under that name. I love it! It's also quite an odd size. Definitely something different.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Zombie thread but Steinhart is going to be producing Divers in 39mm for those of you that wish the 42+ were smaller. Steinhart has ditched the Soprod movements after issues with the mainspring and the movement being just a hair too thick and now they are using ETA 2982 and 2983 (GMT) in Elabore Premium grade.

The ETA 2982 is thinner than the 2824-2, it has just 21j but is a very accurate movement. The Elabore has better shock resistance using true Incabloc and a better hairspring assembly/balance wheel.

The ETA 2982 was used a ton in Breitling and the base of Chronograph watches for IWC and others as you could easily add more to the base movement to name it into a 30+ jeweled Chronograph.

With Squale being harder to find in the USA, Gnomon has limited choices and their new company owned distributor also is short of watches leaves a huge market for Steinhart, CW, Damasko and a few others to fill. You can't beat a Swiss made, or German/Italian brand that makes quality job one.

Nope they are not Rolex or Blancpain or other luxury brands but they are solid, reliable tool worthy watches that work in the water , in the air etc.

They don't need to pay for actors to sport their wears, nor sporting organizations. No marketing as they are often out of stock just from word of mouth.

Some people on WUS may fuss but they are so worried about the brand. I get it as some jobs and places are all about the brand and few want to check the quality. After all watches can be measured for accuracy.

I rally wanted a Mint Squale Atmos 20 but only had the coin for one, and I bought the very last Blueray. I've thought about buying a hulk, but with all the issues and needing to mod, I just will have to wait for another micro brand to do a nice green dial with green bezel insert.

The last Atmos 20 run changed 2 things, improved the grip on the bezel as well as the crown and greatly increased the lume.

I'm really tempted to buy a Steiny Ocean Black as I have loved the DLC coated divers since I bought a Rolex/Prohunter rep back in early 2009. The DLC holds back the daily desk diver scratches and bumping into cabinetry it doors which I tend to do.

I really love FM reps but the factories just don't make them often enough and as I age I have less and less use for formal watches but I still love their unique look.

Anyhow I thought some of you would be interested to know about these future 39mm Steinhart Ocean divers.

Finally the tend of massive watches seems to be slowing and getting back to reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Dammit/Hooray. Depending upon how I'm feeling. I pulled the trigger and bought 42mm GMT Pepsi last night from Gnomon. It was just a few dollars more than buying from Steinhart and while I have purchased from both Steinhart (Gunther) and Gnomon, Gnomon has amazing CS on the purchase.

Steinhart has good CS when there are any issues, but I am hoping for the best. I don't think you can go wrong with a Pepsi GMT, but I also want an O1B, to mod with sword hands at some point.

I'll try and post some pictures through tapatalk when it arrives.

Photobucket has screwed us all. Now charging an absurd fee and holding all of our pictures hostage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Nice one ! I can't make my mind up, should I buy a steinhart or a sub rep.

What got you going ?

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Nice one ! I can't make my mind up, should I buy a steinhart or a sub rep.

What got you going ?

A Sub is always a Rolex design all time classic submariner.. at this stage and after years of delaing with reps and genuine Rolex I would easily pick up a rep Sub over Steinhart.... that's me though

Bobo1000

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
9/4/20
Does anyone know if all there 42mm models use the same case I'm considering one but not a fan of lugs that stick out a lot even with a 7.25 inch wrist I'm worried it's going to be uncomfortable.