• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GUG: Seiko SARB033 Brief Review

Ama Iro

Known Member
1/8/14
My favorite GUG is the Seiko SARB033.

Released for the Japanese domestic market, the SARB033 is a versatile watch featuring a rock-solid Seiko in-house automatic movement, refined looks, and outstanding build quality for the price. It's my daily driver at work, where I'd prefer not to wear a "flashy" watch. Versatile enough for pretty much anything though.

Here's mine:

15114272902_36b2d35923_o.jpg

Key specs:

-Street price ~$400 (USD)
-Material: steel
-Case size 38mm without crown
-Oyster bracelet
-Dial color varies from black to dark brown with subtle sunburst texture depending on light
-Seiko 6R15 movement (hacking, winding, 21600 bph)
-100m water resistance
-Sapphire crystal on front, mineral crystal on back

Cons:

-Bracelet has no microadjustments so fit can vary
-Bracelet is relatively small even before removing links, so won't fit large wrists
-Crown does not screw down (not sure this is a con, but I like screw down crowns)
-Crystal is a fingerprint magnet more than any other crystal I've ever used. The opposite of oleophobic.

PaulyWalnuts

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/11/13
USA
Nice write up! Succinct and informative. Plus I like the watch, it's a good choice for work, I feel the same way about rocking flashy watches in the workplace.

D

d4m.test

Don´t own one but I like it. It´s in the general style/line of the GS. Still I need either a stopwatch function or much better a diver bezelring for timing things up to 1 hour - specially at work.

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
I have one and that is the best picture I have ever seen taken of the SARB 033. It is really difficult to capture the beautiful dial. :drool:

D

d4m.test

Very handsome looking watch, wear in good health!

Sinner556

Horology Curious
6/12/14
Love these - the cream dialled 035 is an equally good choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk