• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts and opinions on if this watch is actually genuine

AllOnRed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/19
Hello fellow FM fans,

I have a question for someone with a keen eye. The following photos are of a FM sunset that is supposed to be genuine. Personally I have my doubts, but without context, I’m wondering what you all see. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

AllOnRed

8/10/19
Apologies! Just realized the others didn’t attach. They should be attached below. If it is gen, might make a very special holiday gift for the GF :)

AllOnRed

8/10/19
Update: seller also claims it comes with the following box and papers. Now I’m not really sure what to think. Anybody care to opine?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
It’s a very good looking watch and it is very convincingly genuine but I cannot tell you whether either this is genuine or replica.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: AllOnRed

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I lean towards Genuine as diamond application looks well done. Hands appear genuine. The dial is very well replicated though so I can't say definitely. would need to open it up.

Reactions: AllOnRed

AllOnRed

8/10/19
Thank you all for your responses. I have to agree with most of the above, hence my need for second opinions. Decided to pass on this one, as the seller refused to send photo of open watch, and could not confirm with the store if the watch was genuine. Plus, it was from a seller with zero rep on the site. Better to avoid as it was going for about 3k. Thanks again all :)

AllOnRed

8/10/19
Another thing I noticed, for the sake of argument, is that the writing is printed on the certificate of authenticity. I may be mistaken, but most gen FM certs I’ve seen are either stamped, or hand written. The only thing written on that one seems to be the signature. Oh well...