• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FM Vanguard V45 Tourbillon Skeleton

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Yeah just saw that thread alive I expected some info... but nada...

As i said earlier some of the wechat dealers confirmed to me that its from JBF so thats a development i guess.

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
Any idea why this took so long? Unfortunately Trusty only has the red one.

SkeletonTimes

Horology Curious
26/2/21
FORBIDDEN TO POST QC.

Need help with the qc pictures on this watch idk how or where to post for qc pictures

Last edited by a moderator:

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
SkeletonTimes I owned this exact watch and threw it in the trash. It felt incredibly cheap when holding it in the hand. It's not worth the money at all. I am also unable to find any gen reference to this model. If you find any please share the GEN watch price and pictures with us but do not waste your money on the RED FM. The black one might be better but I have no idea. The ZF Vanguards are all super reps in my humble opinion

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
SkeletonTimes I owned this exact watch and threw it in the trash. It felt incredibly cheap when holding it in the hand. It's not worth the money at all. I am also unable to find any gen reference to this model. If you find any please share the GEN watch price and pictures with us but do not waste your money on the RED FM. The black one might be better but I have no idea. The ZF Vanguards are all super reps in my humble opinion

Trashed it? I would have taken it....

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Trashed it? I would have taken it....

I couldn't possibly ask money for it. The red 'wood' is painted plastic from what it felt like. Just one of the worst reps and watches I held in my hand in ages. It is a fantasy model on top of it from what I know. Just looked for a gen reference again but nothing came up

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I couldn't possibly ask money for it. The red 'wood' is painted plastic from what it felt like. Just one of the worst reps and watches I held in my hand in ages. It is a fantasy model on top of it from what I know. Just looked for a gen reference again but nothing came up

Well... will take it for free off you.... ;-) So how long collectings reps? Joined here this month...

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Well... will take it for free off you.... ;-) So how long collectings reps? Joined here this month...

Dutchy I see you did not treat your « tourbillon « condition yet after all those years... Hope you are well buddy ;) !

Last edited:

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Dutchy I see you did not treat your « tourbillon « condition yet after all those years... Hope you are well buddy ;) !

Hi, all good... still have a little the tourby fever, franck muller aeternitas .... treated, but still rather infected! And you.... going strong?

SkeletonTimes

Horology Curious
26/2/21

I’m assuming for you it felt cheap because of how light it is, the rubber strap, and carbon fiber feel/weight....I don’t really like metal watches, and I love carbon fiber with a rubber strap. This watch to me has everything I look for in a watch. I plan to buy the all black carbon fiber one as well once it is available. It’s hard for me to find a watch I like. For example another watch I like is the carbon fiber Red&blk Daytona Rolex. Also like SevenFriday watches. To get an idea of the styles I like. That being said because I literally only like about 4-5 watches I don’t mind spending a good amount of money for a watch I really like.

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
I’m assuming for you it felt cheap because of how light it is, the rubber strap, and carbon fiber feel/weight....I don’t really like metal watches, and I love carbon fiber with a rubber strap. This watch to me has everything I look for in a watch. I plan to buy the all black carbon fiber one as well once it is available. It’s hard for me to find a watch I like. For example another watch I like is the carbon fiber Red&blk Daytona Rolex. Also like SevenFriday watches. To get an idea of the styles I like. That being said because I literally only like about 4-5 watches I don’t mind spending a good amount of money for a watch I really like.

I hope you can proof me wrong but the red FM was definitely not carbon fibre. It was painted wood or plastic at best. If you hold a ZF RM rep or even an older RM55 that's light, it feels like quality. This one just felt like total trash.
Anyone found a GEN reference for it yet ?

SkeletonTimes

Horology Curious
26/2/21
I hope you can proof me wrong but the red FM was definitely not carbon fibre. It was painted wood or plastic at best. If you hold a ZF RM rep or even an older RM55 that's light, it feels like quality. This one just felt like total trash.
Anyone found a GEN reference for it yet ?

I hope so as well lol I mean it’s about half carbon fiber, it has those red layers of some kind of material. I have some rings that have red material layered in with carbon fiber just like this watch, it’s called “Ceramic additives” but also have some that have red layers that glow which are resins. My point is that it could be one of those or something else that isn’t carbon fiber and feels like plastic which those materials do feel like. Only way to tell would be to cut it...idk if I would lol Or if I’m able to tell that it’s painted on...I am an artist I’ll be able to tell. Unfortunately I’ve never held a ZF RM rep, or anything close to this watch, so I won’t be able to compare:( What do you mean by GEN reference? Sorry I’m new on here.

Dr.SA

Horology Curious
22/8/18
Hey!, Hi friends!

I need your help bros.

I have the opportunity to pull the trigger on a Franck Muller v45 skeleton tourbillon but not in carbon fiber, but in rose gold metal.
I would like to know your comments and opinions.

Asi que sean bienvenidos a comentar!!!

Greetings to all!.

Adjunto algunas fotos:

c0e4113eac7db48c5e602dd64469c73b.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Dr.SA

Horology Curious
22/8/18
Which Edition do you like most, Rose Gold (Metal) or Carbon Fiber?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Rose gold, love the look, but it is very fat