• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FM Vanguard V45 Tourbillon Skeleton

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
So no one knows when this is to officially release with our TDs?

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I'm eager to see a SS version

Well same but none of our TDs listed it which this watch still makes me curious.I'm just thinking about when this watch comes to our TDs im interested to blacking out counter-weight balance wheel maybe one of the trusted watchsmiths can do it which it would be sick atleast from my own behalf.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
NEWS
They actually managed to black out the Balance wheel of the tourbillon and it looks magnificent for a rep!
I have so much hope that a factory will use this same movement for a RM27-02 rep... The base movement is perfect and also are the positions of Tourbillon and mainspring...
mention TS is NOT A TD here at RWI!
https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=25898
I'm not sure about thickness they claim it is 14mm but it is a sick looking watch and when there is more listings on TDs and reviews from the members of this awesome forum i would give it a shot.

PS: Thank you BIONONE for the news you are awesome as always.

Edit:Aa we can see from he photos this watch is different from 's Watch.

Bridge Colors should be metallic gray / black when we compare this watch to the his watch and the genuine sample from the first post.
Carbon Pattern looks not same? Not sure about that one.
Can't say nothing about the thickness but they look same to me.
Movement looks similar to me can't say nothing more about it because of the lack of vision at my right eye.
Anyways it is a solid watch but can't say nothing about it and if i wasted anyones time sorry about that.

Last edited:

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Looks good..
Maybe it is time to upgrade mine :D

Reactions: XLR8R

BIONONE

28/4/17
I have to say - in all honesty - i don't really care about the watch itself or its approach to match the genuine counterpart.

BUT i appreciate the refinement of the tourbillon and that raises hope for future releases as i already mentioned.

dadog13
(and i have not checked if it is the same watch/maker that this thread is about - sorry if it is not the case and i kind of cross posted your thread...)

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
NEWS

They actually managed to black out the Balance wheel of the tourbillon and it looks magnificent for a rep!

I have so much hope that a factory will use this same movement for a RM27-02 rep... The base movement is perfect and also are the positions of Tourbillon and mainspring...

mention TS is NOT A TD here at RWI!

https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=25898

This rep with SS bridges and case would be stunning

peterpl

24/7/11
That looks sick. Has anyone actually bought this yet? If its listed on TS I'm sure all the other TDs can get it right?

NotSoHonestAbe

Certified
29/3/18
The watch listed on TSStation appears to have stainless steel interior components/bridges. The problem I have is that I cannot find a reference from Franck Muller about all the configurations that they make the Vanguard Skeleton Tourbillon in. I wouldn't buy this watch if it turns out that Franck Muller doesn't even make a genuine Vanguard Skeleton Tourbillon with a carbon case and stainless steel bridges. I have even talked a bit with the "brand ambassador" for Franck Muller at my local Genuine and he told me that even he can't really get an updated catalogue. Seems that FM is really not on top of their own marketing

Spooky01

Horology Curious
19/2/19
The watch listed on TSStation appears to have stainless steel interior components/bridges. The problem I have is that I cannot find a reference from Franck Muller about all the configurations that they make the Vanguard Skeleton Tourbillon in. I wouldn't buy this watch if it turns out that Franck Muller doesn't even make a genuine Vanguard Skeleton Tourbillon with a carbon case and stainless steel bridges. I have even talked a bit with the "brand ambassador" for Franck Muller at my local Genuine and he told me that even he can't really get an updated catalogue. Seems that FM is really not on top of their own marketing

Are you referring to this one:

50e203a7964eb7e729e0e61b56c771ac.jpg

Or this one:

52ee24a036afefe327bc0a7034ff5446.jpg

The first one looks particularly interesting but is not listed on any TD's (yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotSoHonestAbe

Certified
29/3/18
Are you referring to this one:

50e203a7964eb7e729e0e61b56c771ac.jpg

Or this one:

52ee24a036afefe327bc0a7034ff5446.jpg

The first one looks particularly interesting but is not listed on any TD's (yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am referring mainly to the second one. Note the difference in the balance wheel within the tourbillon. The first version of the rep that was posted has a standard yellow gold balance wheel but the second watch posted appears to have a gen-like balance wheel in a black color. My main concern is that even on the Franck Muller website I cannot find any images of whatever versions of the genuine "Vanguard Skeleton Tourbillon" model that we are getting so hyped up about the replication of. https://www.franckmuller.com/vanguard even under the "skeleton" collection seems to only display the 7-day PR non-tourbillon model.

c467a8d33b74fe707bd9ad3ef7a038a7.png

Another one of my concerns as you can see here is that they display 4 different models, the Rose Gold, the Stainless Steel (Or possibly white gold), the black PVD, and the Carbon Case. And since the Carbon case model obviously does not have stainless steel internal components and has blacked-out PVD internal components then it is likely that with, in terms of this mystery Vanguard Skeleton Tourbillon model, that FM does not make a Carbon-case model with stainless steel bridges/interior components.

Ultimately, both of the replicas that have been posted here so far are likely to each have major flaws - the first has a balance wheel that is YG instead of PVD but has what is likely the correct colored movements bridges, and the second has those stainless steel interior components which might be a major flaw, and unfortunately that second model also has the blacked out balance wheel.

I have been trying to research online references of the genuine model but have come up short of the info I am looking for.
https://www.franckmuller.com/news/the-new-vanguard-skeleton-tourbillon

Rose Gold model with Rose Gold bridges
d9b29b9263375fddaada8a59c0344a8f.png

Carbon model with blacked out bridges
f03bbcba3038e258274dd93635bd3c82.png

Sapphire Model with whited out bridges (and whited out balance wheel?)
29d04826b1f346ca0d24425ad670cd15.png

Carbon Case model with blacked out bridges and some color

Reactions: tamomota

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
I think that the can use this movement to create an amazing rm12-01 tourbillon

take a look

RM2018+RM27-03+AMERICAS+full+NTPT+v01a+150dpi+c221117s.jpg