• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FM Vanguard V45 Tourbillon Skeleton

Nightcli

Horology Curious
9/9/18
It’s what I said as well in one of my posts where another member found himself offended..

people forget that we are speaking here od 600-800$ reps vs 100+k genuine watches.

Btw, I have ordere this one and cannot wait to get it

Where did you get one? From which TD?

Thank you

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
463f5feae5ac7708c29787863439bb3a.jpg

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I’m sure there is somebody who did not notice this already - “FM” on the tourbillon, kind of cool..

gclass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/16
A couple of months ago I saw the real one in the boutique. The dimensions look similar. I remember wondering why they chose this size. I'm referring to the gravity model, which I believe is close to this model.
I'm sure the factory tried the original before producing it.
Franck Mullers are like rm, they are intended to make a statement.
My focus is on the carbon fiber and movement. They seem to have done a wonderful job there. Black makes the watch look slightly smaller.
Please look up the vanguard gravity to understand what I mean..

Reactions: vcappp

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
A couple of months ago I saw the real one in the boutique. The dimensions look similar. I remember wondering why they chose this size. I'm referring to the gravity model, which I believe is close to this model.
I'm sure the factory tried the original before producing it.
Franck Mullers are like rm, they are intended to make a statement.
My focus is on the carbon fiber and movement. They seem to have done a wonderful job there. Black makes the watch look slightly smaller.
Please look up the vanguard gravity to understand what I mean..

Many factories nowadays are trying to clone/rep the entire tourbillon movement, therefore it's going to be thick as they are not going to spend too much time producing parts by parts

jcarter

RWIer
12/6/16
I sourced another video review of this watch: https://youtu.be/s11VXlmcD0w
I've seen a few videos from this guy and he mentioned few flaws of this watch:

-The rep does not have a true tourbillon movement as the balance wheel spins clockwise and counterclockwise. A true tourbillon spins only in one direction per cycle.
-The rep movement is most likely a modified version from a seagull movement, which is more reliable and higher quality.
-The watch looks very high-end, but a bit too thick and bulky on wrist.
-The front is sapphire crystal, while the back is made out of glass.
-Watch strap is very well made, but the carbon fiber pattern is fake, it is made out of cotton strings.

Last edited:

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06

-The rep does not have a true tourbillon movement as the balance wheel spins clockwise and counterclockwise. A true tourbillon spins only in one direction per cycle.
-The rep movement is most likely a modified version from a seagull movement, which is more reliable and higher quality.

the watch released by this (for the moment) unknown factory that we are speaking of here in this thread has a flying tourbillon movement. The watch in the video that you posted a link to yt has a flying tourbillon movement.

There has been an attempt to replicate this model done by another factory using a miyota9015 and it has been on the market. That version (at least for now) has a misprint on the dial where it says “SOOTH” instead of “SOUTH” and it has been released in a couple of color variations, red, blue, green,...

btw, I have that video with sound..

Last edited:

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
That is gravity, the reason why is huge is because it's bigger tourbillon in the world, but we were talk about different watch lol

The gravity in the link share the same case design as the model we are discussing here in this thread and the purpose to link that watch/photo was done to show us how it wears on the wrist. It is a huge watch in all “directions”. You have to have a really big wrist and to be a big guy so this watch looks normal on your wrist, something like The Rock (actor)..

my wrist is 18cm m, it’ll be fun to see how it will look like on me

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06

-The watch looks very high-end, but a bit too thick and bulky on wrist.
-The front is sapphire crystal, while the back is made out of glass.
-Watch strap is very well made, but the carbon fiber pattern is fake, it is made out of cotton strings.

The watch only costs 1% of the gen... sorry, with all respect, its a rep! With a few small issues, which only us nerds care about.... And a V1 version, we may never see a V2, as even for a rep this will have very limited buyers as FM-tourby and not Rolex Sub! P.S. it has a real tourby movement!

Reactions: MasterWatch

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
All rep vs gen comparisons, thickness, etc. Can we not agree IT'S A COOL LOOKING WATCH? Completely unique in the rep game, and the chances of being called our all flaws included are .000001%?

I don't even care how accurate this thing is any more. I think it looks amazing. Same with the new MB&F rep. Don't even care that the subdial at 4 is a seconds counter instead of PR, it just looks amazing and I want it on my wrist. No one is going to know the gen brand, and the minute differences of that particular model.

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
All rep vs gen comparisons, thickness, etc. Can we not agree IT'S A COOL LOOKING WATCH? Completely unique in the rep game, and the chances of being called our all flaws included are .000001%?

I don't even care how accurate this thing is any more. I think it looks amazing. Same with the new MB&F rep. Don't even care that the subdial at 4 is a seconds counter instead of PR, it just looks amazing and I want it on my wrist. No one is going to know the gen brand, and the minute differences of that particular model.

THANKS! AMEN, if I may say so! And if not, "just" go gen!

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

I get guys being fussy about some stainless steel rep that should be easy to rep having "flaws", but this kind of rep is too groundbreaking to pick faults at.

This thing is so rare, you cannot even find pics or videos of it on Youtube.