• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FM Vanguard V45 Tourbillon Skeleton

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Reactions: SuperLory

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
It’s 16.8mm

77-DC0-FF4-576-B-440-F-ABA8-486-A46-F43291.jpg

BIONONE

28/4/17
Even though a little bit of extra thickness can change the appearance of a watch in a certain way - i would never be bothered by this difference as the gen is not worth it compared to the rep alternative (leave the heritage and craftsmanship of the gen aside).

This watch is a mile stone (just like some other recently released tourbillons) regarding skeleton movements with a flying tourbillon. The appearance of the movement and the functional bridges (not just glued on deco stuff) is something very unique in a rep world where only stock SeaGull Torubillons could be seen in the past with horrendous fake looking decorative bridges on top of them.

Facing this fact every watch enthusiast should be embracing the over all concept - not the look and the style of the watch as it depends on the taste of oneself - but on the over all fact that reps like this exist nowadays.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
My gut tells me that a v41 is not gonna be released until the rep factories are not able to reduce thickness at least 2-3 mm

Reactions: vcappp

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
I was comparing this rep with GEN.

unfortunately, it’s not close to GEN.

it has many, many flaws in bridges and screws.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Even though a little bit of extra thickness can change the appearance of a watch in a certain way - i would never be bothered by this difference as the gen is not worth it compared to the rep alternative (leave the heritage and craftsmanship of the gen aside).

This watch is a mile stone (just like some other recently released tourbillons) regarding skeleton movements with a flying tourbillon. The appearance of the movement and the functional bridges (not just glued on deco stuff) is something very unique in a rep world where only stock SeaGull Torubillons could be seen in the past with horrendous fake looking decorative bridges on top of them.

Facing this fact every watch enthusiast should be embracing the over all concept - not the look and the style of the watch as it depends on the taste of oneself - but on the over all fact that reps like this exist nowadays.

Amen actually, I wanted to give you kudos as originally I was turned off by the thickness but readig this I realize how right you are......now waiting for it to be released in rg and off I go

Reactions: BIONONE

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Despite my earlier comments, the way the FM wraps around the wrist, the thickness may not be as 'brick like' as say a RM011 but BIONONE is spot on $700 or $150k - I know what the better deal is

BIONONE

28/4/17
I mean - lets face the fact that we won‘t even be abled to see a genuine piece in a boutique - so how high are the chances you can get uncomfortable knowing the fact that some jewels and the thickness are kind of a very good compromise for a good deal? ;)

nit picking at easy to rep watches is necessary and i‘m totally with it - but when it comes to high horology counterfeits it depends on every possible alternative and in this case there is no other alternative - another thing with the new Roger Dubuis tourbillon for example where you have a choice (BBR vs JJR if im not mistaken)

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
It’s what I said as well in one of my posts where another member found himself offended..

people forget that we are speaking here od 600-800$ reps vs 100+k genuine watches.

Btw, I have ordere this one and cannot wait to get it

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Is this FM Vangaurd V45 watch wearable for a small wrist 16.5cm / 6.5 inch ? Is it too big? It is not easy to determine due to its unique design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
vcappp I have photos of the watch on the wrist, just don’t ask me what is the wrist size on the photo because I don’t know. Maybe you can guess by the photo yourself since we know that the watch from 12 to 6 is 53mm (if I am not mistaken)

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
It’s what I said as well in one of my posts where another member found himself offended..

people forget that we are speaking here od 600-800$ reps vs 100+k genuine watches.

Btw, I have ordere this one and cannot wait to get it

Man, we expect your review with huge excitement !!!!

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
vcappp I have photos of the watch on the wrist, just don’t ask me what is the wrist size on the photo because I don’t know. Maybe you can guess by the photo yourself since we know that the watch from 12 to 6 is 53mm (if I am not mistaken)

Honestly, looks like enormous.