• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon Krypton

McTat

12/2/17
IOW UK
So hopefully there is a V2 with the correct details on the dial, love the lume, very different

ynnor01

Horology Curious
17/3/18
I almost pulled the trigger but the "vanguard" on the dial is a deal breaker for me.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I almost pulled the trigger but the "vanguard" on the dial is a deal breaker for me.

Not one person you know will know what or who this watch is from let alone seen one in real life, and even more so know the dial is slightly incorrect!! If you like it get it!! It's a great looking watch.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: ynnor01 and ZoomBoy

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Does anyone know why they use an Seiko NH35A movement in this??

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Is this a good thing or bad thing??

Sent from the RWI App

Well good if they are using a gen Seiko movement as those are rock solid. But unsure what the beat rate of the gen FM is as the Seiko is 21.6k and generally the rest of the FM reps have an A2824 in them. If the beat rate on the gen is 21.6 then I'd rather a Seiko movement over a crappy Miyota 8215.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

Sh3113r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/20
Sacramento, CA
I know this thread is almost 1.5 years old but does anybody which TD carries this? Or whether or not they ever launched a V2?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I can attest it’s a cool and lightweight piece. A perfect daily beater if you can carry off the tonneau case shape.
97a1a152046a402a6811e46bed5ff10a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
I can attest it’s a cool and lightweight piece. A perfect daily beater if you can carry off the tonneau case shape.
97a1a152046a402a6811e46bed5ff10a.jpg

The picture from the start of this thread said “Vanguard” and yours says “Krypton”. Is yours a V2 or Gen or something?

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Beauty, and congrats. At this point I would be happy with the rep - but seems they aren't produced any more.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Beauty, and congrats. At this point I would be happy with the rep - but seems they aren't produced any more.

The rep vanguards are very well made. This is a nice beater to wear, weightless and comfortable on the wrist. I’m still getting used to the tonneau shape though.

Reactions: Allure

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The rep vanguards are very well made. This is a nice beater to wear, weightless and comfortable on the wrist. I’m still getting used to the tonneau shape though.

i told you before (?) I was almost walking out the AD with a vanguard couple of years ago so I might be slightly biased but i do believe the watch yes is big looking but it is actually less bulky than others (you said ROOs?) and hugs the wrist much much better. It's undeniably big but the lugless tonneau helps a lot

Lovely watches indeed

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
i told you before (?) I was almost walking out the AD with a vanguard couple of years ago so I might be slightly biased but i do believe the watch yes is big looking but it is actually less bulky than others (you said ROOs?) and hugs the wrist much much better. It's undeniably big but the lugless tonneau helps a lot

Lovely watches indeed

Yes I began to see the draw of the vanguard after trying one on. The curved tonneau case shape is pretty comfortable to wear, and coupled with the lightweight of forged carbon, it makes for a fun daily beater which most AP ROOs cannot provide.

Reactions: Allure

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Beautiful rep, but my previous Vanguard's strap was almost falling apart too. Can't remember which factory it was. Bought one a ZF with leather strap, which has much better quality.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Beautiful rep, but my previous Vanguard's strap was almost falling apart too. Can't remember which factory it was. Bought one a ZF with leather strap, which has much better quality.

They use (very) cheap stitching which ruins the strap. Also, and this is personal, I don’t like those rubber/leather straps as they have zero adjustments and zero fex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: OffshoreNL