• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FM Conquistador

eLiNK

2/4/06
As some of you can remember, I bought this watch from Ms. King some time ago.

The watch has ETA 2892 movement, sapphire glass and luminous numbers (not superluminova but OK).

Overall very good quality.
Just make sure you tighten screws on the bracelet.

FMConq_12.jpg

FMConq_22.jpg

FMConq_32.jpg

FMConq_4_lume2.jpg

FMConq_5_lume2.jpg

barsa4ever

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/06
Pictures don´t honor the watch, very very very beautiful beautiful beautiful watch, congrats [smilie=wav.gif]

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Sweet ! Whats a genuine dial cost for one of these?

eLiNK

2/4/06
zetterdawg said:
eLiNK said:
Modded with genuine dial
FMConq_gendial2.jpg

PICT54342.jpg

was that easy? I have 5 different gen dials but I wasn't sure if they would fit.

I had the dial swapped.

If you have a genuine dial for the same model, there would not be any problem to fit the dial.
After all, the rep uses the same movement like the genuine watch.

eLiNK

2/4/06
barsa4ever said:
Pictures don´t honor the watch, very very very beautiful beautiful beautiful watch, congrats [smilie=wav.gif]

Oh, yes.
My photo skills suck.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
$650 not bad for genuine!

Consider that Conquistador rep has same movement as gen, and
gen goes for USD$7,000.00 to $8,000.00

only two defects deft - for both black and white dials, the crown is not so good.. and on the white dial the seconds hand is tipped with red, which is pefect, but the red goes up the shaft aways.. while on gen only the tip of seconds hand is red..

: )

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
No math involved..
genuine FM dial for $650 not bad imo
of course, you may have a connection to AD authorized completely genuine for far far less.. hmmmmmmm if so, well good 4 u
8)

where is math?
:D

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
eLiNK said:
Bigshooter said:
Sweet ! Whats a genuine dial cost for one of these?
I paid €60 for mine.

Klink, I think you mis read how much he said he paid.

elink - 60 euros for a gen FM dial? Was it authenticated? Something doesn't pass the smell test. Where'd it come from?

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
HappyT

my sarcasm is dripping down my monitor.. sixty euros for a genuine FM dial is like a dead fish.. being sold as a trained dolphin.. impossible to believe

but then.. the old stories will start.. it came out the back door, it was from a truckload of originals that turned over in a tunnel and were all damaged, one of the employees has been taking them home for years.. etc. etc...

LOL
K

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
Klink said:
HappyT

my sarcasm is dripping down my monitor.. sixty euros for a genuine FM dial is like a dead fish.. being sold as a trained dolphin.. impossible to believe

but then.. the old stories will start.. it came out the back door, it was from a truckload of originals that turned over in a tunnel and were all damaged, one of the employees has been taking them home for years.. etc. etc...

LOL
K

I guess I'm sceptical too, Klink.. but the "gen" conquistador dials I got are different enough from the reps that I have to wonder where they are from. I've never seen a rep fm conquistador with a blue dial like the "gen" blue dial I have.

Do you think we have rep dials for watches that were never produced?

I'm willing to listen/learn - teach me!

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
anything is possible..

and there is more than one 'factory' producing dials, hands, cases..
it is not like a western factory, where there is an assembly line.. it is a great many groups of people producing parts that are assembled..

The easiest way to figure a dial? go to an AD with a rep dial, or buy an original FM.. one could even buy an original just to look at, and then return it.. LOL

Life is Good!
Klink

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
Just completed the same operation

swapped in the "gen" blue dial. I like this watch 12.3% more now.

The blue dial has that nice shimmery effect when the light hits it.

man I love this watch. Everyone should go buy one from Josh or Andrew. They go so well with a suit or with jeans and a t shirt.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
Hey 'dawg,
you have me convinced.. I think I will email Ruby and see what she can do!
I have been thinking of a Conquistador for some time. Your blue dial sounds very nice.. for me, a white dial...

Cheers,
Klink

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
Klink said:
Hey 'dawg,
you have me convinced.. I think I will email Ruby and see what she can do!
I have been thinking of a Conquistador for some time. Your blue dial sounds very nice.. for me, a white dial...

Cheers,
Klink

the white dial is nice - you can see more of the wavy shimmery stuff, although it is still subtle. The black dial is fine too, but it's hard to see that neat affect.

Get the little conquistador for mrs. klink - salmon colored dial.