• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My GF Franck Muller Casablanca from Trusty...wow!

stoyania

15/4/16
ssouthall6 yes, annoying indeed as the watch is high quality rep and the dial is awesome. my wrist is same size as yours...what reps do you wear?

eman3449

Horology Curious
25/8/16
I have quite small wrists and I enjoy wearing it. The way it contours around the wrist makes it fit the wrist beautifully. I got mine a few months ago and wear it daily. I love it more the my Gen AP. I was going to get a gen but seeing how good the rep for these are I ended up buying a rep. And I am extremely happy.

GlobetrotterBoy

24/3/17
Great thread. Is the GF definitely a better rep than the TW? Couldnt find a comparison on the forum.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
It the GF version still available? I though this was gone from TDs

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Insane how good the gf clone is. Looking forward to getting mine! :D
Will post some pictures once it arrives!

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
KYiPQ.jpg

KY54P.jpg

KYeyJ.jpg

KYm0L.jpg

stanevo6 I didn't forget! Here are some shots. :)
The watch is amazing in hand. It wears large (not made for my 6"/16cm wrist, bought for a friend) and has a very special presence. I love the blue hands! Very happy with this purchase!

Last edited:

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
hahaha Thx Rolemars it looks great, even on your 16cm wrist. Your friend must be happy. I'm biased because I love FM's from the day he started to make them.
I bought a brown croq strap. stil not sure if it will look good on the FM.

Reactions: Rolemars

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands

I think I'm gonna paint the strap Black. Another option is e bleu croq strap. My opinion is the standard strap is poor quality. Mine is almost gone. hahaha let you know what I'm gonna do
Cheers

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
I do not know. What I heard is that the GF factory was hit hard by a Raid several months ago. There were even thoughts they would not come back, the Raid was that hard.
Perhaps Andrew knows more, although Trusty Time is not a TD here, so beware. But the watch is worth every penny. I love wearing her. Cheers Repworld :drinks_cheers:

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I do not know. What I heard is that the GF factory was hit hard by a Raid several months ago. There were even thoughts they would not come back, the Raid was that hard.
Perhaps Andrew knows more, although Trusty Time is not a TD here, so beware. But the watch is worth every penny. I love wearing her. Cheers Repworld :drinks_cheers:

Yes it’s great watch, I have TW one , I like the dial , strap custom stop me really nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

I think I'm gonna paint the strap Black. Another option is e bleu croq strap. My opinion is the standard strap is poor quality. Mine is almost gone. hahaha let you know what I'm gonna do
Cheers

Stay away from Dark color in exotic skin , Carmel croc strap, wonderful choice for this..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Thx Repworld food for thought hahaha. I will stil paint the brown Croq black, for the original Casablanca comes with the black Croq.

Than a bleu Croq would be nice too. See it on timnic54 wrist on page one #8.

your Carmel color Croq looks amazing, but I have to see in on the watch and on the wrist. Thx again and let us all enjoy our FM's

ps. Timnic54, are you OK? Don't see you that often a the forum anymore.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
I painted the brown Croc black. After intense decreasing and several other pre-paint treatments, I was able to put several layers of deep penetrating black paint on the strap with intervals of 40 minutes.

The strap and watch are now at my watchmaker to be combined. ( i have two left hands, and I hate springbars)

when it is ready I will take pictures and post them here, although it will not be that shocking for as I mentioned earlier the Original comes with a black strap too. The strap now fitted is of a far better quality and hand made. Will be continued

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
The FM is back, set on my new Croc strap, painted black myself. As mentioned above, not that shocking, for the original comes with a black strap too. But this strap is of high quality, made by Didymostraps in Barcelona. the pictures made by my porr cheap Nokia phone :)

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
The FM is back, set on my new Croc strap, painted black myself. As mentioned above, not that shocking, for the original comes with a black strap too. But this strap is of high quality, made by Didymostraps in Barcelona. the pictures made by my porr cheap Nokia phone :)

Looks stunning mates enjoy it

Reactions: stanevo6