• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap for Franck Muller Vanguard

JJBliss

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/1/12
Anyone know someone making quality straps for the FM Vanguard series? That gummy it comes with is CRAP.

JJBliss

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/1/12
I have the non-chrono version and love it - EXCEPT for the crappy strap. @elloeello - any thoughts?

Champagne iH

4/1/14
You pretty much need to buy genuine FM straps to get the most out of a good rep. I forked out the cash for a Casablanca strap and it made all the difference. I tried every custom strap maker. Even offering to send them the Gummy to use for fitting they all said this would be a waste as it’s such a tricky watch brand to make straps for. Even guys that can do AP. I as lucky to find a marked down gem at $300. Usually if you can find one it’s >$500. To me that takes away much of the fun even though the reps are amazing.

I ended up selling my Casablanca. I still have my LI Crazy Hours as the LI case is about the only one strap makers can pull close to gen straps. But a gen strap on an LI still looks so much better.

I complete agree the Gummy straps suck and are dust magnets. Why the factories won’t make a leather is beyond stupid. Then you might get a reputable strap maker a chance to make a high end aftermarket strap.

Just my experiences with the FM love affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elloello

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/3/14
U.K.
I do have a black and red stitching strap without the deployment clasp I could sell , obviously i list it m2m via the forum parts section

JJBliss

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/1/12
Rep or Gen? I don’t love the replica straps. The “sticker” on the front appears to peel off somewhat easily.