• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Franck Muller Tourbillon

simbarn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/16
Just received the new FM Tourbillon from a TD. I had been after one of the older models for some time and saw that these have just been released. Dial quality is excellent, numerals seem to be in better proportions compared to the original and print quality is impressive. Blued hands are also very nice. The back is an improved version also with the correct open back opening size with decorated faux bridges similar in design to the original watches, but not the same quality of course.
The Tourbillon seems to be working well, I have run it on 4 positions on the timing machine and variation is about 5-8 seconds, not bad! Interesting to observe on the machine as the Tourbillon rotates and the readings oscillate as the escapement turns 360 degrees. Here we can see the Tourbillon doing its job in averaging this variation in position.

View attachment 81749 View attachment 81750

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Are those gears and screws in the open back painted on??

elloello

13/3/14
U.K.
On no that faux decoration on the back is awful , what was they thinking :picard:

There is two caseback for this new run of FM Tourbys , here is the other you will see it's better to the eye
crU4vMz.jpg

simbarn

1/5/16
On no that faux decoration on the back is awful , what was they thinking :picard:

There is two caseback for this new run of FM Tourbys , here is the other you will see it's better to the eye
I don't really like the circular case back either, its nothing like what FM does. But I would prefer something with genuine function. These other models are not advertised as yet from the TD'S from what I could see?
I did see them on that China Noob site which is dodgy.

elloello

13/3/14
U.K.
Face up it looks good that's what counts :coffee:more importantly they are back for people which missed the 1st lot :party:

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I would still like to see better pictures before I pull the trigger. [emoji848]

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I definitely like the front. I’m not much of a fan of display case back but it’s fun to see a functioning tourbillon, as opposed to a faux open balance wheel disguised as a tourbillon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simbarn

1/5/16
Face up it looks good that's what counts :coffee:more importantly they are back for people which missed the 1st lot :party:
Yeah I was quite happy with it, as I was so keen to have one of the earlier ones, in all honesty a closed in back I think would suit it best (as was on yours) as nothing can compare to the work on the genuine watch with all the hand engraving and superb wheel work.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Just received the new FM Tourbillon from a TD. I had been after one of the older models for some time and saw that these have just been released. Dial quality is excellent, numerals seem to be in better proportions compared to the original and print quality is impressive. Blued hands are also very nice. The back is an improved version also with the correct open back opening size with decorated faux bridges similar in design to the original watches, but not the same quality of course.
The Tourbillon seems to be working well, I have run it on 4 positions on the timing machine and variation is about 5-8 seconds, not bad! Interesting to observe on the machine as the Tourbillon rotates and the readings oscillate as the escapement turns 360 degrees. Here we can see the Tourbillon doing its job in averaging this variation in position.

View attachment 81749 View attachment 81750

Who did you bought this from?

tdibs

Horology Curious
29/5/13
I wanted this so badly and missed out last time....I was just getting ready to order the new GF Casablanca....now I don't know which to buy! The non-tourby can pretty much pass as gen but this thing just looks so damn cool though most would know that I couldn't afford to buy a $100,000 watch....decisions, decisions

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I wanted this so badly and missed out last time....I was just getting ready to order the new GF Casablanca....now I don't know which to buy! The non-tourby can pretty much pass as gen but this thing just looks so damn cool though most would know that I couldn't afford to buy a $100,000 watch....decisions, decisions

Most of who would know? The paparazzi that follow you around 24/7, waiting to put you and your reps on blast? [emoji12] Seriously, Franck Muller watches aren’t that well known. With this brand, you’re generally safe from a call-out.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Tourbillon is just a weird thing. No real reason to have one unless you are a die hard horological nut. Plus a million things can go wrong on them especially the Chinese rep versions. Best to have a watch that will actually run and is easily repaired with common parts. That is unless you dig rebuilding your own movements and have spare parts and a lot of time.

Personally I would rather invest in motorcycle rebuilds as parts are about the same and wearing the magnifying visor for days at a time gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Wow... Weird? A million things? Hyperbolic much? [emoji57]

tdibs

Horology Curious
29/5/13
Most of who would know? The paparazzi that follow you around 24/7, waiting to put you and your reps on blast? [emoji12] Seriously, Franck Muller watches aren’t that well known. With this brand, you’re generally safe from a call-out.

That's true what you're saying about Franck Muller watches but any time I see someone wearing a tourbillon I assume that it's a rep just because most known watchmakers that offer these price them in the $100,000 plus price range...or maybe it's just me. I have a Cartier Ballon Bleu tourbillon that I love but just don't wear it much for the same reason. With that said I still think that I want to get this FM and overcome my tourby phobia!

Soldier2304

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/17
That's true what you're saying about Franck Muller watches but any time I see someone wearing a tourbillon I assume that it's a rep just because most known watchmakers that offer these price them in the $100,000 plus price range...or maybe it's just me. I have a Cartier Ballon Bleu tourbillon that I love but just don't wear it much for the same reason. With that said I still think that I want to get this FM and overcome my tourby phobia!

There are tourbis for $1000 dollars FYI. Check amazon.

Needless to say, the watch is sexy except for the shitty caseback display.