• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My First FM Casablanca chrono SS

The Watch Deuche

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/17
I just bought this watch from toro with the 7753 movement. Beautiful watch but I can't figure out how to change the date! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from the RWI mobile app

elloello

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/3/14
U.K.
If it's a true 7753 it be the button at 10 you need a thin toothpick or something like that it's the inner circle of the button

however if it's 7750 version do this below

with the crown pull out once , if you carefully pull it in & out you should feel two resistance points

anyway once you pull it out once , you simply turn the crown anti-clockwise wise

or in other terms upwards towards 12 or top of the watch

It's important you do this when the hands are not 10pm to 2am

Let me know how you get on

The Watch Deuche

9/3/17
If it's a true 7753 it be the button at 10 you need a thin toothpick or something like that it's the inner circle of the button

however it's more likely to be 7750

with the crown pull out once , if you carefully pull it in & out you should feel two resistance points

anyway once you pull it out once , you simply turn the crown anti-clockwise wise

It's important you do this when the hands are not 10pm to 2pm

Thanks man - I will try it! Also - thanks for helping me find this beauty! I will let you know the results!

FYI I don't fell 2 resistance points - only 1. Weird

The Watch Deuche

9/3/17
Just used a pin on the button at 10 and it changed the date - woo hoo! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I could never figure it out and it seems like you need three limbs to do such a thing or a watch vise. I just go through the tedious winding. The 7753 does raise the date wheel but I don't see much added benefit of the strange date adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Watch Deuche

9/3/17
I will post pics asap! One bad thing - its not keeping the right time. Keeps falling 4 min behind within a couple hours ugh! Any fix for that?

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I will post pics asap! One bad thing - its not keeping the right time. Keeps falling 4 min behind within a couple hours ugh! Any fix for that?

It could have been exposed to magnetism during shipping. It couldn't hurt to demagnetize the watch. I have a large donut shaped demagnetizing machine that can pass an entire pocket watch through, so FMs aren't any trouble. You do have to be sure that the watch doesn't touch the edge though as that magnetizes tools, etc.

A flat demagnetizing unit should be tried. If that doesn't help it may be time for cleaning and a proper lube on the movement.

Only with all of that done should the movement be adjusted to make sure it's not any of the dirt, extra thick or too little lubricación.

Best of luck. A good 7750/7753 should be less than +/- 10 seconds per day while dial up. Sometimes better.

The Watch Deuche

9/3/17
e862470d06ddc6361335279c459821fd.jpg

elloello

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/3/14
U.K.
Welcome to QC FMs :hehehe:

Lume is just one of these things I wouldn't bother it cost you s small fortune with someone willing to lume it

Strap I'm not kidding the rubber and the bracelets are the hardest straps to get flush in any watch rep or gens I have ever come across

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Welcome to QC FMs :hehehe:

Lume is just one of these things I wouldn't bother it cost you s small fortune with someone willing to lume it

Strap I'm not kidding the rubber and the bracelets are the hardest straps to get flush in any watch rep or gens I have ever come across

I completely agree. I got a quote from Vac on an FM dial and it was $225 without hands. Just too many curves so it is insanely difficult. Many hours of labor.

The watch does look nice though. I wouldn't stress the lume.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Now I want to buy another FM. What would you guys suggest?

My white whale has always been the Cortez King. But I bought a genuine FM strap for my Casablanca Chrono and don't think I could ever wear one without the Genuine strap. Considering these cost well more than $300 and the King is so hard to find reposed these days, you might want to look at the Vegas.

It hasn't been that long since the repped that model. Crazy Hours, especially in the Long Island is beautiful and you can have a good strap made.

Look through the TDs and see what is available and go from there and as always scan the M2M sales.

A fellow member was parting with a King about a year back. It had beautiful Cartier hands. I kick myself over and over for not buying it.

FM watches are just elegant and so rare to see on anybody's wrist.

I did end up selling my Casablanca Chrono as I just don't have occasion to wear it these days, but I miss it already. I feel better knowing it is in good hands though and will see wrist time.

simbarn

1/5/16

however if it's 7750 version do this below

It's important you do this when the hands are not 10pm to 2am

Hi Elloello, I bought one of these from a TD with the black dial recently and it was "supposed" to have the 7753 in it. The button at 10 does nothing and the crown at first position changes the date, so it does in fact have the 7750 in it? I was under the impression that none of the replicas button at 10 ever worked, but it seems that the original posters version does!
Have I been mislead by the TD?

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Hello all FM fans. I thought I would post a picture from Wehlen Germany in the Mosel region where there is an ancient sundial that has a striking resemblance to many of the numeral designs found on some FM models.

I wonder if FM was influenced by this sundial. I know the 4 and 8 are slightly different but the 2 is uncanny.

What do you think or do you have any information about this?

S-?
6dc2ed647dcb038a9cee2ef1f87247d0.jpg

simbarn

1/5/16
Hi Champagne! hope all is going well for you mate... i posted some pics of your watch on "the what Fm are you wearing today". Perhaps he was inspired by the unusual number arrangement. I have always thought much of his inspiration has come from the French dial painters of the 18th century, their Arabic numeral design seen on many clock dials of the period is very similar. I have worked on many of these and have a passion for the art of these enamel dial makers of that time, wonderful work. Here is one I restored, you can see from the numerals here how they look familiar.

View attachment 78342

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Hi Champagne! hope all is going well for you mate... i posted some pics of your watch on "the what Fm are you wearing today". Perhaps he was inspired by the unusual number arrangement. I have always thought much of his inspiration has come from the French dial painters of the 18th century, their Arabic numeral design seen on many clock dials of the period is very similar. I have worked on many of these and have a passion for the art of these enamel dial makers of that time, wonderful work. Here is one I restored, you can see from the numerals here how they look familiar.

View attachment 78342

That's a beauty! Just stunning piece you restored there.

I love seeing such inspirations.