Tapatalk soooooooooo sloooooooow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapatalk soooooooooo sloooooooow

Does anyone know why Tapatalk is soooooo sloooow to load anything or fails to load at all.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The regular website is pretty sluggish also recently. Not a tech guy so I can't offer anything of value beyond you're not alone.
    My wish list:
    Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

The entire forum is so slow. Not sure whats the go here but cant work out why RWI is having these issues.

Sometimes it is completely un-usable. Someone needs to address this its been like this for ages already.

Comment

Originally posted by beau7816 View Post
        Does anyone know why Tapatalk is soooooo sloooow to load anything or fails to load at all.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
        At first I thought it was the snow but turned that off and still slow, Fucking cost me a lot of purchases already! Lol little wheel spinning and go to browser, hope it gets fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Tapa is slow indeed, it's getting worse and worse. I have to open on web browser to get faster sometimes.

I noticed two things though : it's mainly on RWI (I don't have that problem with RG or RWG) , and it's worse in the evening here in Paris time. Maybe RWI has too many users surfing at some times of the day I don't know.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Yup always has been but man recently I keep shutting the application down and reopening. Never had to do that before

Comment

Same for me. So sloooow! And offen i cant click on links,”cant open” it says.. And even on the rwi webbsite its verry slow for me. I dont have this problem with Repgeek. Verry iritating..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Comment

There's been some really slow time recently, the culprits are always the same : this version of Vbulletin & the Sphinx query & search engine.

I have screencapture of the forum with 5500 people online and being lighting fast and we could have 4000 online and be slow so it's not user related.

Tapatalk suffer from it more than the regular desktop version because they have many SQL bugs in their plugin that increase the sluggishness of it all.

As the previous data could tell you and if you ever approached any sort of web maintenance work, you'll know that doing any upgrade/tinkering/problem solving on a web site this big, is no easy task.

There's a fine balance to find between keeping a website alive and improving it at the same time too much of one or the other and you can easily loose a ton of visitors for good.

We have plans ready to upgrade to a more recent and optimized version of Vbulletin as well as fixing / replacing Sphinx but we are all volunteers here with actual works to do and in the light of the current pandemic, I'm pretty sure you can imagine that keeping businesses alive is a priority on fixing the forum, so it'll take a bit of time even though we are implementing little fixes here and there to reduce the amount of time where everything is slow.

For the tech out there here's a good one on how Vb works : Visit as a guest and I can guarantee you that there are not many website in the world, including big big player, that are as fast as us in displaying content, including the Vbulletin official forums. Log in as a user with any kind of elevated privileges aka anything other than guest (the more privileges, the slower) and notice how the lag kick in for some tasks. This is due to how this version of Vb handles permissions and it's been vastly improved since.

Hang on tight guys, this will get better !

Comment

It’s all good, not coming at anybody just giving reassurance it’s just not one person. I’m always using my phone and your right, it’s a HUGE difference in speed. The search basically doesn’t work on Tapatalk for iPhone and hasn’t from the beginning. I don’t usually notice any kind of difference on the pc but I don’t use Tapatalk on that.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsullivan View Post
                    Tapa is slow indeed, it's getting worse and worse. I have to open on web browser to get faster sometimes.

I noticed two things though : it's mainly on RWI (I don't have that problem with RG or RWG) , and it's worse in the evening here in Paris time. Maybe RWI has too many users surfing at some times of the day I don't know.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk
                    Same by me????

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

RG Tribal

Comment

(I haven’t found any problem with tapa being slow yet.
                      Which makes me think..
                      What if most things on my phone are extremely slow to most people, and I’m just a dinosaur without understanding of modern speeds y’alls have these days haha).

Comment

Yep, the desktop version has been slow for some time, especially after posting a comment. But, sometimes it runs as smooth as butter lol. Doesn't bother me.
                        Last edited by VaderTime; 08-01-21, 05:38.

Comment

To be clear : you have all a right to complain and you have all the right to voice about something not suiting you and that you would like different. The only key thing is to do it, like in this topic, with the proper amount of respect and politeness one can expect to receive back in the answer.

It's way more of a bother to us, tech guy, to see those issue than for you trust me.

I didn't felt attacked at all in this topic, hence my detailed response on those issues

Comment

I’m a new user to the forum, I’m using an iPad on the latest iOS and I find the forum, respectfully, the slowest I’ve ever used, to the point where sometimes it’s completely unusable. Comments take really long to post. Other times it’s not too bad, I keep coming back here though as collecting watches is a big hobby of mine and this forum has some great information on models that are available, also the members on here are very welcoming and pleasant.

I think an overhaul would be really beneficial for the forum and would sort out any speed issues it has.

Comment

thanks for your and the teams efforts for the site Glaude
                              My works:
                              https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...logixa-s-works

How to service a Tourbillon:
                              https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rbillon-st8000

Comment

Working...
                              X