• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IS THERE A TIME I SHOULDN’T WIND MY WATCH?

GabeSena

Horology Curious
20/4/21
Hi guys, I’m new to the game and just made my first purchase which will be delivered in a few days. Upon doing some research, I heard that there is a timeframe in which you should not wind your watch. Is this true? And if so what is the timeframe in which you should not wind your watch? Thanks!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
This applies to watches as well (sorry for trying to be funny, hard day hopefully behind me)

Reactions: P..DR..D

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hi guys, I’m new to the game and just made my first purchase which will be delivered in a few days. Upon doing some research, I heard that there is a timeframe in which you should not wind your watch. Is this true? And if so what is the timeframe in which you should not wind your watch? Thanks!

There's a slight misunderstanding here. You can wind your watch at any time, but if it's an ETA based movement, you should avoid setting the day when the watch is between 22h and 2h. This is because at that time the date change mechanism is already engaged and you could damage it by forcing the change yourself.

Reactions: P..DR..D