• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it legal?

Mal20729

Horology Curious
11/4/21
Hi all
Absolute noob to all this! I’ve been searching though your excellent forum but can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for? Maybe my search skills are just poor.

I am looking to buy from Jtime who seems excellent (nautilus ppf v4) - but I wondered if it was actually legal for me to buy a replica? Also is it legal for it to be shipped to me to the U.K.?

thanks in advance all!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Rep watches are counterfeit goods. In the UK, it’s not illegal to buy or own counterfeit goods. If for some reason customs decide to open the package containing your goods as they enter the UK, they can seize and destroy the watch(es). This is where using a TD is a great advantage, because if it happens, the TD will replace the seized goods free of charge.

Mal20729

Horology Curious
11/4/21
Thanks very much for the advice.

I just wasn’t sure if I could get in trouble from customs or anything else for purchasing and it being delivered from overseas.

I’ve done a bit of reading and JTime seems to get some good reviews! Is that a TD?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

I just wasn’t sure if I could get in trouble from customs or anything else for purchasing and it being delivered from overseas.

I’ve done a bit of reading and JTime seems to get some good reviews! Is that a TD?

Before you drop $4-500, I'd recommend parking some time and reading everything in the below section:-

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/new-members-area

There are alot of stickied threads, written by both past and present members, so a wealth of free information that is highly valuable and will equip you in efficiently navigating the forum.

It will stand to you ten fold if/when you decide to venture into the main forum and/or attempt a purchase either via a TD or M2M.

You can then decide which TD to choose that best suits your specific needs/ requirements.

I'm sure JTime is great, but for example, and I'm sure p0pperini will attest, theres another TD (Sead) who could maybe actually have some UK stock which better suits your location - it all depends.

Best of luck, but I would spend some time pre-purchase before you spend your hard earned money- no sense rushing in to anything ill prepared.

Mal20729

Horology Curious
11/4/21
Before you drop $4-500, I'd recommend parking some time and reading everything in the below section:-

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/new-members-area

There are alot of stickied threads, written by both past and present members, so a wealth of free information that is highly valuable and will equip you in efficiently navigating the forum.

It will stand to you ten fold if/when you decide to venture into the main forum and/or attempt a purchase either via a TD or M2M.

You can then decide which TD to choose that best suits your specific needs/ requirements.

I'm sure JTime is great, but for example, and I'm sure p0pperini will attest, theres another TD (Sead) who could maybe actually have some UK stock which better suits your location - it all depends.

Best of luck, but I would spend some time pre-purchase before you spend your hard earned money- no sense rushing in to anything ill prepared.

Thanks very much - will start reading the stickies now!

Is there an easy way of identifying a TD based in the U.K.? Or is it a case of just going on the TD section and coming through??

I went straight to JTime as they seemed to get good reviews and seemed specifically to be good to deal with.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

Is there an easy way of identifying a TD based in the U.K.? Or is it a case of just going on the TD section and coming through??

I went straight to JTime as they seemed to get good reviews and seemed specifically to be good to deal with.

I think it's just a matter of shooting off a few emails to them and see who comes back to you with the stock you want and acceptable timelines.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read, Sead is the only one, but hes not even based in the UK, just has UK stock ready to ship, so could suit UK based buyers if they want shorter timelines.

Btw, to be crystal clear, I have no skin in the game, and have had no dealings with either Sead or JTime. I actually used a different TD entirely, for my own reasons, but you mentioned UK & from my limited knowledge across the forum, it's his name that keeps popping up.

But pick the TD that suits you best is my one bit of advice. Research and make an informed decision before ya drop your money.

Just a heads up though, I've read of recent raids of the factories, and its been confirmed by a few of the TDs, so just in case they dont reply quickly etc.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...9809167-raids-happening-message-from-reddittd

As you can see, always better to do the homework and have all the info ;)

Best of luck & look forward to seeing who you decide and what you order.

Reactions: Mal20729

Mal20729

Horology Curious
11/4/21
I think it's just a matter of shooting off a few emails to them and see who comes back to you with the stock you want and acceptable timelines.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read, Sead is the only one, but hes not even based in the UK, just has UK stock ready to ship, so could suit UK based buyers if they want shorter timelines.

Btw, to be crystal clear, I have no skin in the game, and have had no dealings with either Sead or JTime. I actually used a different TD entirely, for my own reasons, but you mentioned UK & from my limited knowledge across the forum, it's his name that keeps popping up.

But pick the TD that suits you best is my one bit of advice. Research and make an informed decision before ya drop your money.

Just a heads up though, I've read of recent raids of the factories, and its been confirmed by a few of the TDs, so just in case they dont reply quickly etc.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...9809167-raids-happening-message-from-reddittd

As you can see, always better to do the homework and have all the info ;)

Best of luck & look forward to seeing who you decide and what you order.

Thank you again - I’d just read about the raids after I sent an email.

Really appreciate the help with this. Just trawling through the articles now.

I’m happy I’ve found the watch I want to start with (Nautilus 5711/1A) so now it’s just a case of sending off those emails as you suggest. I’m in no major rush for it so I’ve emailed JTime as well as seems to great great reviews. Hopefully one will be able to supply the v4 PPF but I’ll find a few more and send off emails.

Once again really appreciate the help as really I was majorly concerned about the legalities my side of this. Understand there are countries if I wear them where I could be fined etc (France) but in the U.K. I don’t think it’s a problem

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thank you again - I’d just read about the raids after I sent an email.

Really appreciate the help with this. Just trawling through the articles now.

I’m happy I’ve found the watch I want to start with (Nautilus 5711/1A) so now it’s just a case of sending off those emails as you suggest. I’m in no major rush for it so I’ve emailed JTime as well as seems to great great reviews. Hopefully one will be able to supply the v4 PPF but I’ll find a few more and send off emails.

Once again really appreciate the help as really I was majorly concerned about the legalities my side of this. Understand there are countries if I wear them where I could be fined etc (France) but in the U.K. I don’t think it’s a problem

You're very welcome.
The site can appear a little overwhelming at first, especially with the level of knowledge on here (its unreal the level of detail some of the enthusiasts go into) but if you take your time to navigate it will stand to you tenfold.

I myself am happy to benefit from all their knowledge and enjoy the resulting arm candy :)

Check out my sig for something I really believe in.
Make sure you get exactly what you like, you've earned the money so spend it wisely.

And I can see you are wise, because I actually ordered that exact same watch, and is hopefully being shipped next week, so great minds, great choice.

The only question is what colour face did you go for ;)

Mal20729

Horology Curious
11/4/21
You're very welcome.
The site can appear a little overwhelming at first, especially with the level of knowledge on here (its unreal the level of detail some of the enthusiasts go into) but if you take your time to navigate it will stand to you tenfold.

I myself am happy to benefit from all their knowledge and enjoy the resulting arm candy :)

Check out my sig for something I really believe in.
Make sure you get exactly what you like, you've earned the money so spend it wisely.

And I can see you are wise, because I actually ordered that exact same watch, and is hopefully being shipped next week, so great minds, great choice.

The only question is what colour face did you go for ;)

Absolutely agree with your sig! Good point!

I’ve now contacted 4 different sellers that come from the TD area here so will wait to hear from them!

id really like the blue face as everything I’ve seen looks great and I really like darker dials but I’ve read quite a bit about the white being potentially a better rep buy?

what did you go for?

for the PPF they seem to nail the bracelet and a few other items. I’m not looking for absolute perfection as know that’s just not possible but was planning to get some none negotiables in there like a good bracelet and then get it serviced as soon as I get it!

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Absolutely agree with your sig! Good point!

I’ve now contacted 4 different sellers that come from the TD area here so will wait to hear from them!

id really like the blue face as everything I’ve seen looks great and I really like darker dials but I’ve read quite a bit about the white being potentially a better rep buy?

what did you go for?

for the PPF they seem to nail the bracelet and a few other items. I’m not looking for absolute perfection as know that’s just not possible but was planning to get some none negotiables in there like a good bracelet and then get it serviced as soon as I get it!

Went for the blue myself too, super excited to receive it in the coming weeks.

You have the perfect attitude, as it's purely meant to be enjoyed, not scrutinised for the finest detail.

There are a few mods of course that can be done, to bring it a little closer to gen, but it's a rep at the end of the day, always gonna be, so once you have accepted that, you're definitely gonna enjoy it.

But if you wanted to look at a cool hybrid model, a commission another member did with my good friend legend have a look at the below :-

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-build-pf-case-3k-movement-ppf-dial-and-hands

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...movement-ppf-dial-and-hands-by-​​​​​​​legend 

Unreal is the only word, but again, still a rep, just a more expensive one ;)

Reactions: Mal20729

Mal20729

Horology Curious
11/4/21
Went for the blue myself too, super excited to receive it in the coming weeks.

You have the perfect attitude, as it's purely meant to be enjoyed, not scrutinised for the finest detail.

There are a few mods of course that can be done, to bring it a little closer to gen, but it's a rep at the end of the day, always gonna be, so once you have accepted that, you're definitely gonna enjoy it.

But if you wanted to look at a cool hybrid model, a commission another member did with my good friend legend have a look at the below :-

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-build-pf-case-3k-movement-ppf-dial-and-hands

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...movement-ppf-dial-and-hands-by-​​​​​​​legend 

Unreal is the only word, but again, still a rep, just a more expensive one ;)

WOW! How good is that?! Any idea on the cost of that?

you know what - that’s really helped me as well as it’s shown me what people were talking about with the crown (hadn’t seen it before). In all honesty though - wouldn’t be a big deal for me - I don’t think for me it looks too bad normally but the job your friend has done there is amazing!

be great to see yours when you get it! Are you going to put pics up as I’ll definitely take a look.

I mean this is a £30k+ watch - we can’t expect perfection but these reps are brill imho

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
WOW! How good is that?! Any idea on the cost of that?

you know what - that’s really helped me as well as it’s shown me what people were talking about with the crown (hadn’t seen it before). In all honesty though - wouldn’t be a big deal for me - I don’t think for me it looks too bad normally but the job your friend has done there is amazing!

be great to see yours when you get it! Are you going to put pics up as I’ll definitely take a look.

I mean this is a £30k+ watch - we can’t expect perfection but these reps are brill imho

100% agree.

And I think the 5711 is heading towards €80k on chrono at the mo, mental.
I'm more than happy spending $500 for some fun on the wrist with the imperfections.

No idea tbh, legend is the man to ask, so well worth a PM if interested, but word of advice in advance, if you're nice, hes nice, he's a super helpful chap and recently been made the AP section Mod (that's how good he is re AP), but also, clearly, as you can see, a whizz at Patek too :D

I'll definitely be putting them up, when they arrive. Double order. Should be shipping next week, will see. Patience is the name of the game in this hobby :D

Last edited:

Oline8992

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/21

Did you get your answers about the customs and from what TD to buy from? I live in Sweden and im to a noob to this and im worried to about making my first order.
I to want to buy the Nautilus 5711 because i think its the most beautiful watch ever made. Im thinking of buying from Puretimewatch, they answer all my questions and seem very professional but they say the watch will go trough Luxemburg on the way to here and i dont have a clue if thats good or bad..

Last edited:

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
P..DR..D , Thank you! What you did here and elsewhere so many times is the most valuable thing you could ever do for RWI. It's what makes this place special. Again, Thank you for stepping in to help.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
P..DR..D , Thank you! What you did here and elsewhere so many times is the most valuable thing you could ever do for RWI. It's what makes this place special. Again, Thank you for stepping in to help.

Not at all Sir,

What I've seen so far, in the short time I've been here, is a community of like minded people, all interested in that shiny bit of metal on our arms, for a variety of reasons, who are willing to help others out, so just doing my part, however small, where/when I can.

And I 100% agree with the quote in your signature.
Why anyone would waste such a valuable resource, it's absolutely beyond my comprehension, but sometimes they just need a little nudge in the right direction :D

Stay safe.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

if your in the UK I strongly recommend KSwatch as a TD, they do not have a website but can get any watch that a Chinese based TD can get, there biggest advantage is they take pay,ent straight into a uk bank account, avoiding transaction and currency fees that always slip in when ordering from china

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/supporting-vendors/ks-watches

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Good to note for future reference, thanks Spitfire63 , appreciate the re-direct, could suit me too in the future as just across the pond :D

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
if your in the UK I strongly recommend KSwatch as a TD, they do not have a website but can get any watch that a Chinese based TD can get, there biggest advantage is they take pay,ent straight into a uk bank account, avoiding transaction and currency fees that always slip in when ordering from china

Trustytime also has various Bank Accounts, Britain,US... With possibilities to pay USD, GBP and maybe more...

Last edited:

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Likewise with Seed. I've used Transfewise with him in the past but recently directly into a UK bank account.