• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franking my new watch, worth it?

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
Just received my new watch attached from pure time. Quite happy with the quality. But starting to thinking whether I should swap the bezel and dial for the original. Question is how do you know they will fit on the replica? Is this something a modder on these forums figures out for you?

The gold plating seems fairly straight forward but mixing in real parts seems inherently complicated. Don’t want to blow $2k on a dial that doesn’t fit for instance.

Any advice appreciated.

Bloke In Brighton

Horology Curious
24/10/16
Looks super clean, question maybe, apart from you, who would really know the difference?. There is always gonna be a difference between a rep and the real Mcoy and then where do you stop. The best upgrade I use is to buy the real spring bars so the strap will never fall apart. But like everything, at the end of the day, it's your watch you love it.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
If it’s a watch casing a clone movement, a genuine dial will fit. If it runs on a 2824/2836, it requires a bit of modding.

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
If it’s a watch casing a clone movement, a genuine dial will fit. If it runs on a 2824/2836, it requires a bit of modding.

Up your alley Nik? Might need to send this one your way as well ????

boogieman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/20
Depends on what you’re tryna achieve with this rep tbh.
Are you wearing it for you?
Are you wearing it for representing an authentic watch experience?
Are you doing it for other people?

Somewhere in between those answers i think you may find the answer to your question :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich883

Certified
22/8/18
Nice watch, my opinion is if your are thinking about franken it you should go for it. i enjoy mine every time :)

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
Nice watch, my opinion is if your are thinking about franken it you should go for it. i enjoy mine every time :)

Thanks for your support bro. I would like to but it looks like a bit of modding is needed and I have no one here down under to help. I would assume a bit of a customs risk back and forth from Europe.

My best option is to plate the bezel by the looks of it by someone like Nik who will do a great job from what I hear.

But honestly the more I look at it the bezel looks better and better as is right now.

First world problems....

Reactions: Rich883

Rich883

Certified
22/8/18
The watch look really nice, too bad there is not a lot of help there. my watch has been back and forward to Germany. there are good modders there. here in the Netherlands it is also hard to find a good one.