• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just purchased my first rep EVER. need help!!.

Bogeyboy

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/3/21
got the tracking number4 days ago.. we'll see how long the journey is to the city of stars:star::star::star:

Reactions: P..DR..D

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Its actually been 6 days since I got the tracking number but its not giving me any real information.. is this a normal thing with intime or other td's in general??? I'd wish they just throw me a bone and at least let me know where the watch is. I have a tripped planned to the Virgin Islands on April 10th, so im hoping it arrives by then or I'll have to wear my damn akribos ????????????????????????????

Jimmyrich1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/19
UK
Its actually been 6 days since I got the tracking number but its not giving me any real information.. is this a normal thing with intime or other td's in general??? I'd wish they just throw me a bone and at least let me know where the watch is. I have a tripped planned to the Virgin Islands on April 10th, so im hoping it arrives by then or I'll have to wear my damn akribos ????????????????????????????

It's pretty standard, can take a while. I wouldn't worry. These tracking systems are FAR from perfect. If they're a TD its for a reason so you can relax, it's not impossible that there would be an issue but it's unlikely.

Everyone shits themselves on their first rep during the waiting time! Stay calm. It will be worth it in the end! No doubt this will be the first of many. It's all part of the fun.

Last edited:

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21
Thanks for your comment!! I really wanted to get it plated in 18k just because the gen is 18k. No one in my circle has a daytona so ill be good as far as that. So are you saying that its just the gold that will be a give away or the watch in general? I definitely don't want to get called out lol. Why would you recommend I get a Sub instead of a daytona? Are the daytonas more easily recognized as fakes or are the Subs just made better? I learning bro.. thanks for the insight

As long as you put that watch on and love it that is all that matters. But do keep in mind the Daytona 116508 YG is rare and pricey and weighs as much as a box of rocks. If you've ever held a solid gold rolex compared to stainless steel its an instant tell. Literally instant recognition. If you have it plated on top of the existing gold (assuming your jeweler can successfully do this) the gold may last longer but in no way will noticeably affect weight. No matter what, gold is soft and it will wear away eventually on the wear spots (crown, crown guards, case edges, bezel, clasp, bracelet edges, etc). Personally if you were my brother I would advise against putting $700 into a rep and another $900 in re plating... Instead, I would have to agree with @CurioLeoand advise you to let the gold daytona do its work as is (whenever you want to ball out, not everyday wear), and put the other $900 in a VSF Sub with a fresh servicing, bracelet and case refinishing and a 10 bar pressure test for everyday wear. The sub screams average hard working watch lover at $10-$15k. The Daytona 116508 YG is a whopping $100k so hope your friends who all have gen believe that you can possibly afford to drop $100k on a watch... what's your car, job, house situation like lol? In any event you will enjoy. It's a fun ride!

Jimmyrich1

13/8/19
UK
As long as you put that watch on and love it that is all that matters. But do keep in mind the Daytona 116508 YG is rare and pricey and weighs as much as a box of rocks. If you've ever held a solid gold rolex compared to stainless steel its an instant tell. Literally instant recognition. If you have it plated on top of the existing gold (assuming your jeweler can successfully do this) the gold may last longer but in no way will noticeably affect weight. No matter what, gold is soft and it will wear away eventually on the wear spots (crown, crown guards, case edges, bezel, clasp, bracelet edges, etc). Personally if you were my brother I would advise against putting $700 into a rep and another $900 in re plating... Instead, I would have to agree with @CurioLeoand advise you to let the gold daytona do its work as is (whenever you want to ball out, not everyday wear), and put the other $900 in a VSF Sub with a fresh servicing, bracelet and case refinishing and a 10 bar pressure test for everyday wear. The sub screams average hard working watch lover at $10-$15k. The Daytona 116508 YG is a whopping $100k so hope your friends who all have gen believe that you can possibly afford to drop $100k on a watch... what's your car, job, house situation like lol? In any event you will enjoy. It's a fun ride!

Agreed! If you're not extremely wealthy then this watch will be an instant tell just by virtue of that fact. However if you love the watch who cares!
BUT if you don't want people to call it out maybe get a more realistic watch like a stainless steel.

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
I definitely don't want to get called out lol.

Well you are going to be disappointed bro LOL

So your group have all got $5k Datejusts and you're just gonna rock up with a $100k gold Daytona?

Yeah, good luck with that.

My advice? Wear it in the house and be happy with it, get yourself a vintage franken Rolex on M2M and work out a story to tell your buds where you got it from.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

So your group have all got $5k Datejusts and you're just gonna rock up with a $100k gold Daytona?

My advice? Wear it in the house and be happy with it, get yourself a vintage franken Rolex on M2M and work out a story to tell your buds where you got it from.

A rich uncle or a watch collecting great aunt is always a good back story ;)

jhoti

28/2/21
[mention]Bogeyboy [/mention] you got a million dollar advise free with this watch. Listen to it carefully.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
A rich uncle or a watch collecting great aunt is always a good back story ;)

Not long ago I saw a couple of vintage Rolex in a shop window in a jewellers/watch shop in a small town in Devon.

No one would ever know if you bought one of those or not.

That's a very good point, there's nothing worse than getting a new flashy watch and everyone asking if you've been on holiday recently out of the corner of their mouths. I know it's like being a kid in a sweetshop but my advice is to start with one of the older models of your chosen brand and work your way up, it's usually cheaper for a start and if you get it through M2M it could also have a bit of wear on it so you can say you bought it second hand or you've had it ages.

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21

I understand where you are coming from.. it would be ludicrous for me to show up with a $100k watch and not have anything previously that would support the purchase. That wouldn't be a problem since I'm part owner and cfo o martime company In the Bahamas. They know the watch has been on my radar for quite some time so it wouldn't come off as a huge surprise.

Definitely going to check out some other options.. but are you advising me to stay away from gold as an everyday wear? All my jewelry is gold, so would you advise staying away from the two tone as well?

My watch has been "shipping" for 12 days now so Im not even sure if ill get it lol.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I understand where you are coming from.. it would be ludicrous for me to show up with a $100k watch and not have anything previously that would support the purchase. That wouldn't be a problem since I'm part owner and cfo o martime company In the Bahamas. They know the watch has been on my radar for quite some time so it wouldn't come off as a huge surprise.

Definitely going to check out some other options.. but are you advising me to stay away from gold as an everyday wear? All my jewelry is gold, so would you advise staying away from the two tone as well?

My watch has been "shipping" for 12 days now so Im not even sure if ill get it lol.

As long as it's not YW, I think you'll be ok, am sure its en route. Well wear & enjoy.

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21

Monetary status wouldn't be the reason for me to get called out. It would be solely based on the watch.

I could pull up with an Richard and nobody would think twice on how I could afford it. My wife knows I would never spend that type of money on wrist wear but im not worried abt her lol. Work out a story? Lol . If I had to do all of that it wouldn't be worth it buddy. Thanks though.

Quick question.. what is m2m? Can you provide a link?

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21

The Maritime Co ownership/CFO situation in Bahamas changes everything. Now I'm getting a better picture. Considering what you stated I think you are fine. And under those circumstances, given your enviable laissez faire attitude toward how much it costs I think if gold is what you want, gold is what you shall have, sir. And if your jeweler can fatten the existing gold with 18k plating I'm sure it will look steller. Please post pics, I'm sure a lot of other members would love to see a secondary 18k full gold plating. It will be a super thick coating and should look decent. Jeweler may have to reshape the case/ bracelet some if you don't like the way it feels on the wrist... this is often the case with rep bracelets, sharp edges, slightly off dimensions, etc. I would baby it as a dress piece if you re-finish with 18k gold and never hit those chrono buttons underwater even if you have it pressure tested. YG Ballin' Bro!!!!!

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
The Maritime Co ownership/CFO situation in Bahamas changes everything. Now I'm getting a better picture. Considering what you stated I think you are fine. And under those circumstances, given your enviable laissez faire attitude toward how much it costs I think if gold is what you want, gold is what you shall have, sir. And if your jeweler can fatten the existing gold with 18k plating I'm sure it will look steller. Please post pics, I'm sure a lot of other members would love to see a secondary 18k full gold plating. It will be a super thick coating and should look decent. Jeweler may have to reshape the case/ bracelet some if you don't like the way it feels on the wrist... this is often the case with rep bracelets, sharp edges, slightly off dimensions, etc. I would baby it as a dress piece if you re-finish with 18k gold and never hit those chrono buttons underwater even if you have it pressure tested. YG Ballin' Bro!!!!!

Sounds advice my man!! First I've heard of fattening the existing gold with 18k.

Like you said, I plan on only wearing it as a dress up piece. So I'd imagine the 18k plating to last a while. I originally ordered two watches from intime but decided to go with the Daytona first just to get a feel of the shipment time and procedures. Ive search high and low on the m2m sales but it seems like no one with a two tone anything will ship to CONUS.

Welp, the search continues.

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
YourWatch - it was a joke, but probably in bad taste given members have lost money / watches so no offence intended.

They were a Probationary dealer (definitely not a TD) - see below and park a little to follow the thread - headline & awful news on the forum.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ad-moderated/9749878-your-watch-on-suspension

Lol yea I read that thread a few days ago over a cup of tea... the moderaters are straight SAVAGES and I love it. Im sure whoever was responding on the "yourwatch" had tears in his eyes. :cry2: