• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pay before QC pics

Kev.

Horology Curious
3/8/16
Is it normal to pay a TD before you see pics of the watch?

Thanks

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Is it normal to pay a TD before you see pics of the watch?

Thanks

Yes. First you pay then the factory assembles your watch. Then your get QC pics then you either except or reject , then it gets sent out to you.

Reactions: Kev.

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Yes. You have to pay and then the TD will source you the watch and send you quality control pics. If you have a very good relationship with a TD, sometimes they may order the watch first before requiring payment but that's a exception to the rule.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kev.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yes. First you pay then the factory assembles your watch.

Well, not quite. The watches aren't built to order. If a TD tells you there's a delay because they're waiting for your watch to be made, they don't mean that your watch is being built by a dedicated Chinese artisan - they mean that there's currently no stock, and the factory is assembling another batch.

Reactions: kavorca1

Giannos7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
I was hesitant at first too. So I started my orders with Sead's EU stock. This way you can get pics first and then pay to get the watch.
Drawback is that you can't ask for more pictures and someone might take the watch from Sead before you even had time to look at it.
Also the EU stock has limited watches.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Well, not quite. The watches aren't built to order. If a TD tells you there's a delay because they're waiting for your watch to be made, they don't mean that your watch is being built by a dedicated Chinese artisan - they mean that there's currently no stock, and the factory is assembling another batch.

I stand corrected. I should have wrote "source the watch" not assemble. mea culpa

Reactions: p0pperini