• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6541?

Tamure

Horology Curious
17/12/20
Conus
[h=2]New Message[/h] New member here. Any advice on a 6541 would be greatly appreciated. I e seen some stunning builds here but It seems like their is only one factory making them. (BP) and they require significant modding. Im comfortable polishing and aging but beyond that I’m hopeless. I have two watches that I cant put back together again. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated since most of the threads are pretty old. Thanks!

scotrick

Patron
4/3/13
Hello Tamure,

Coincidentally I inquired of Puretime for one with the faraday cage last night but they said it is no longer in production. I got his one from Watch Station in 2016.

Cheers,
Rick

scotrick

Patron
4/3/13
Thanks Tamure good luck in your hunt! Do you have a web link to the BP model, I might like to get another!

Regards,
Rick

Reactions: Tamure

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Unfortunately vintage Rolex needs to be built, the deeper you dig the rabbit hole, the more faults you will find on the "out of the box" reps on offer for vintage model like this. For example the insert font is all wrong of you compare with the gen.

The dial is negative relief honey comb dial, I believe Ruby does one, but you might wanna go to MQ for a decent one.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Tamure

Horology Curious
17/12/20
Conus
Many thanks. Yeah I buried myself in threads going back to 2006! The aged builds are absolutely beautiful. Puretime no longer makes the dodgy faraday cage prototype- although it seemed to be the best. Soo... its a cartel from Mary for now and then I guess I’ll see where I go from there. Rabbit hole indeed!

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
1d38ce4bffa142a7d321ac85c548b9ec.jpg

This all we got ???? courtesy of ARF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk