• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello again

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Ive missed you guys. Been on an extended hiatus. Hopefully i can spend more time here again now. I quit my job three years ago to take care of my mom full time. Long story for another day but she has brain cancer. In remission right now but someone has to be there 24/7. So far its only been me but nos i have at least a little free time as we were able to hire someone to come and give me some breaks. So here i am. I see i have tons of messages and questions. I promise to get to them this week. I really miss this place so hopefully ill be back fairly regularly again. Fingers crossed. Ill share my rep purcheses here soon from the last couple years too. Still with my favorite girl lucy. ???? talk to you guys soon. Glad to be back.

egroegart

1/7/13
Question marks behind lucy a mistake. Lol. Stupid phone.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your mam, such a pervasive disease, and for you to carry the burden, until recently, alone, is commendable, shes lucky to have you. Glad to read shes in remission and I'm also glad to read you have help now, many hands light work n all.

It's also great to see someone with such a high post count, and obviously a valued member, with tons of messages, is using Lucy. I believe she was referree to as RWIs biggest secret :D

I went with her for my first watch purchase, because of numerous references to her extensive QC, loyal following, and am sure I recognise your name from some of the reviews/postings on her sub forum, so from a brand newbie, to veteran member, hope it's not too odd for me to say 'welcome back'.

Look forward to seeing what you've bought during your hiatus

egroegart

1/7/13
Thanks Dr. For the kind words. Its been difficult but i would much rather have done this than her go to a nursing home. I think alot of parents and grandparents go into homes when they cant care for themselves anymore. I understand it. With jobs and familys children just cant take care of them at home. There was just no way that was going to happen though. I didnt think about it at all. Im very glad to do it. I know she would have taken care of me if something had happened to me.
oh yes. Lucy knows alot. Lol. Ahem. Shes just the greatest lady. Ive bought from most of the dealers here. Ive had a good experience with all the trusted dealers here. Never really a problem. Have had watches arrive d.o.a. and with other issues and the t.d.s here have always made it right. I just used to send it to one of our watchmakers here and he would fix it and the dealer would give me a little break on the next watch. But those problems dont happen alot. But lucy just stood out to me right away. With her q.c. and conversations. Ive just stuck with her all these years. Shes been great. But i also think our other t.d.s are great too. Thanks again d.r. good to be here.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
100% emphathise with you.

My mam looked after my nanny when she developed dementia. All her siblings effectively abandoned her, and my mam took the full brunt of the responsibility. And she didnt regret one second of it as the others wanted to ship her off to a nursing home.

Re the TDs, we'll just have to share Lucy, as I imagine she'll be getting all my orders, assuming my first one goes ok :D:D

Stay safe :D​​​​​​​

egroegart

1/7/13
Yep. I have always suggested trying different dealers and then you just stick with one you like eventually. For me i enjoy lucys tough q.c. process. It takes a few days longer but she keeps the watch several days after she gets it from the factory to make sure its running well. I would rather wait a little longer like that. Even still though anything could happen during transit. Its a rep. Lol. But she does a great job. And i always enjoy her conversation. And like i said i had good experiences with basically all the t.d.s here.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hello George

egroegart

1/7/13
Is the chat box gone? Omg. We used to have epic intellectual discussions there. Haha. Txrob and donnie and i forget everyone elses name. Lol

egroegart

1/7/13
Just saw this thread.

Welcome back!

:wave:

Hey thanks fiddo. Glad to be back. I commemorated my return with a new pur hase also. Lol. Ive always been curious how the deep sea blue wears. Should be here fairly soon. Just got shipped a week ago. Thanks again fiddo.