• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Timegrapher...worthwhile purchase for the enthusiast/perfectionist?

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Hi, maybe I'm mad, but thinking about getting a timegrapher so I can regulate my new growing rep collection, am I crazy or has anyone else bought one...if so, any advice on makes to avoid, best place to buy, currently looking at Ebay, Weishi, which I think I have seen in some QC pics? Just worried if I order from China if the plug/electric connection will be OK for Spain mains(I can deal with an adaptor, but don't want to have to get a transformer too)? Any help guidance appreciated. Thanks.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I dont think it's worth it. I have a number of GENs.
when I pick them up it's a ritual of setting the time n date, nearly a cathartic routine, but always gives me a smile as I recollect when I wore last. Maybe I'm mad, but c'est la vie.

I only recently picked up a winder, so maybe thatll change, but is only a 2 watch winder, so I feel some of em will feel left out if i favour two over another two. How can I pick favourites :p

Bottom line, is a couple of seconds, or a minute, or couple of minutes, worth €xx or maybe €xxx. IMHO, probably not.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
if you have a few watches in your collection that you rotate regularly, then does it really matter if the watch is reading a few minutes out here and there when it comes to picking up a new watch in the next day or so? I just manage a watch that is reading some minutes out, by setting the time accordingly at the start of the day or week. I think it’s best to simply enjoy our Watches and not worry about the precise +/- sec but if that’s important to you and you can’t get past it, then by all means, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
if you have a few watches in your collection that you rotate regularly, then does it really matter if the watch is reading a few minutes out here and there when it comes to picking up a new watch in the next day or so? I just manage a watch that is reading some minutes out, by setting the time accordingly at the start of the day or week. I think it’s best to simply enjoy our Watches and not worry about the precise +/- sec but if that’s important to you and you can’t get past it, then by all means, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

You are ofcourse correct and that makes total sense, but for me it's like an OCD thing, so I have ordered one, sod it....will be fun adjusting to get near to perfection....lol

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
It all depends on your needs. I am no watchsmith, nor have OCD about timekeeping but checking the efficiency of my watches is a part of the hobby's pleasure.

I got a basic Weishi No 1000, the classic you can find over Amazon and such, to find out how each of my watches work throughout time, regulate the ones that need it or when I swap a new movement.

A timegrapher is not a mandatory tool, but if you like to dig in the performances of your watches it's a good toy.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
It all depends on your needs. I am no watchsmith, nor have OCD about timekeeping but checking the efficiency of my watches is a part of the hobby's pleasure.

I got a basic Weishi No 1000, the classic you can find over Amazon and such, to find out how each of my watches work throughout time, regulate the ones that need it or when I swap a new movement.

A timegrapher is not a mandatory tool, but if you like to dig in the performances of your watches it's a good toy.

Think that's the same one I have ordered, nothing special, just fascinated to know what the +/- secs per day is...

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
I love mine. But it can be a pain to set it just right. But you must have one in order to regulate any watch. It's a good investment ;)

Reactions: Max Dad

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain

Got an AP 15500 with Miyota 9015 and having trouble indentifying the adjustment arm.....any help appreciated...

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain

see photo do I need to remove that arm I’ve circled?

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
see photo do I need to remove that arm I’ve circled?

Not at all, if you remove it the balance will go out with it. The adjuster on the top of the bridge is fake, doesn't do anything. If you notice, the actual adjuster is on the lower left side, about 7 o'clock of the fake one.

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Not at all, if you remove it the balance will go out with it. The adjuster on the top of the bridge is fake, doesn't do anything. If you notice, the actual adjuster is on the lower left side, about 7 o'clock of the fake one.

That piece with like two small rivets in it, that's the adjustment arm? Correct?

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
A member on here said I need to remove the decorative plate, when I queried exactly what part he was referring to, he told me that OBVIOUSLY as I had no idea what I was doing, to take it to someone who does?!?!?

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
This is a hobby, and I'm a beginner, so OBVIOUSLY I do not know what I am doing, that's why I am asking for guidance! I'm looking at youtube videos, most movements demonstrated seem straight forward, i.e. easy to locate the adjusting arm OR screw.