• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reps and Waterproof water resistance question newbee ?

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
HI, simple question really, ARE most reps (like $300 plus) waterproof as advertised by the TDs? Like just for pool swimming, not scuba diving. I saw a discussion somewhere, where someone said watch needs screw down crown, then its OK, then counter argued by another member saying it's the gasket that waterproofs it, not the crown, so push ins (e.g. Cartier RM) ARE WP? Thanks. (I did try doing a search using Waterproof and did not find much info?)

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Oh, and please enlighten me, spongebob mod...??..please explain. what this is, keep seeing it mentioned... Thx

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
HI, simple question really, ARE most reps (like $300 plus) waterproof as advertised by the TDs
Well, maybe. If you plan on exposing a watch to water...like swimming, I would send it off to one of the watchsmiths here at RWI for a service etc.

As far as Spongebob, he is a member here who performs various modifications etc. to watches.

Last edited: