• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

dhgate rolex vs RWI rolex?

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/20
What're the major differences, as in...movements and quality and such, because I see some A2824 and 2824's cheaper on dhgate then here, what's the major "Difference" , besides the price cheaper on dhgate. (I'm more of a newb to all this)

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/20
just compare pics, DH gate specials and TD's pieces are like night and day.

Are the td's just generally the people selling within the selling subsection of the site, and do both use the same movements aka the A2824 and such; also a while ago I saw a rating of each movement and who makes it, but I can't find it anymore? and is the A2824 comparable to the real thing for Rolex or a lot of differences for them?

and what's the diff with A2824 and 2824.

Last edited:

Ecy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
RWI doesn't have a Rolex. The TD's sell watches made by dofferent Factories.

Universally vs DHGate when it comes to 2824 movement would be clone or swiss. Obviously a swiss movement would be superior.

Then you have the tells, commonly:

Crystal
Case Finish
Dial
Hands
Bezel
Date Wheel
Cyclops
Lugs
Bracelet
Etc

With some reps you can get a 1:1 clone from a TD, which generally means it can take real Rolex parts and install. This isnt a marketing gimick, as you really can do it. Many people mod / franken watches. This includes clone movements.

The differences are massive. You would get a better answer with a specific model from a TD and a link to the version on DHGate.

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/20
So generally quality is better, and how do I know if a 2824 is a clone or a swiss, are most here offered swisses?

Ecy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
Well, a lot of DHGate is a lie, plain and simple. They often advertise to be well known factory watches such as noob in their pictures. But, they arnt from that factory.

On DHGate most 2824's are a2824. Or Asian 2824. So a clone of a swiss movement.

Rolex clone movement would be appropiate for the Rolex. For example, Rolex 126334 on DHGate is normally Asian 2824. So not swiss.

Or you have VSF 126334, which has a clone 3235 which takes Gen Parts. Longer power reserve, due to correct movement fits in case better, etc.

A recent thread about an Air King was posted with a $100 Air King. A couple users posted the several differences vs Gen. The consensus was that the Rep was not good.

All in all, you are not getting a watch on DHGate that will come close to Gen. It may pass for those severely unfamiliar with the watch. In person they often look and feel cheap.

If you only care about movement, some TDs will install a swiss 2824 for an extra fee. Others test the watch before they ship it to make sure it runs correctly. All TDs do quality control and send you pictures or video to confirm it looks right.

With DHGate, to my knowledge, you get what you get. No real quality control.

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/20
So with resellers here, who sell the 2824's and such, how do I know if it's a copy or a swiss or Asian or whatever because I was hoping to buy from the sales forum but I don't really know what to look for in movement to tell if it's like a clone, a legit movement (aka the legit swiss 2824)

Updog

18/7/19
The A2824 Is just the Asian copy of the Swiss ETA-2824.

Every replica watch will that states it has the 2824 will be the Asian copy.

Replicas do not have swiss movements (except on some very rare occasions) as this would be expensive.

What watch are you looking at on dhgate?

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/20
https://www.dhgate.com/product/luxur...|3273857233:12

one like that, but for a generally good quality watch referring to general rolexs within the site; like what movement/things should I be looking for in general, since most on the site range for 200-500, vs dhgate at 100-300

So the main question is, what signifies the 200-400 price gap here, is the quality/movements of the reps generally better here, referring to the 2824 here vs the 2824 on dhgate because here I see some of the backs on the watches seem pretty close to the real thing.

Last edited:

Updog

18/7/19
https://www.dhgate.com/product/luxur...|3273857233:12

one like that, but for a generally good quality watch referring to general rolexs within the site; like what movement/things should I be looking for in general, since most on the site range for 200-500, vs dhgate at 100-300

So the main question is, what signifies the 200-400 price gap here, is the quality/movements of the reps generally better here, referring to the 2824 here vs the 2824 on dhgate because here I see some of the backs on the watches seem pretty close to the real thing.

No, you are paying for a watch that is visually much closer to the genuine article.
The more expensive replicas will then go a step further and make an Asian copy of an in-house movement.

Have a look at the ZF Tudors they are in that lower price range.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=228&products_id=22184

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/20
No, you are paying for a watch that is visually much closer to the genuine article.
The more expensive replicas will then go a step further and make an Asian copy of an in-house movement.

Have a look at the ZF Tudors they are in that lower price range.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22184

So generally closer to the real thing in looks, not really with the movement, ok. So are most of the watches sold here cheaper than the prices provided by the factory or does it heavily vary?

Also for the trusted dealers, how do I go about finding their sites and such, like the one you provided; or should I mostly just stick in the sellers forums?

And is the Trusty Time site good/quality? (Sorry for all the questions, just trying to be heavily informed)

and if you can, are you able to link any other trusted sites, someone told me zf wasn't the best.

Last edited:

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Yeah yeah you are absolutely correct. ZF, VSF, NOOB, Clean Factory and more are not upto the mark compared with the R Factory... Buy a Swiss 2824 or 3135 movement and other parts online and you can build a timepiece yourself or with your local watchmaker to make sure you are getting a right deal....

So generally closer to the real thing in looks, not really with the movement, ok. So are most of the watches sold here cheaper than the prices provided by the factory or does it heavily vary?

Also for the trusted dealers, how do I go about finding their sites and such, like the one you provided; or should I mostly just stick in the sellers forums?

And is the Trusty Time site good/quality? (Sorry for all the questions, just trying to be heavily informed)

and if you can, are you able to link any other trusted sites, someone told me zf wasn't the best.

treyhlb

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/20
if I had a list of the top 5 suppliers, aka zf vsf and noob and all of them, what would a tier list be like?

Updog

18/7/19
Depends on the watch you want mate.
Once you've chosen the watch you want you will need to do some research on this forum about which factory you want to go with.
All replica watches have flaws and only you can decide which flaws you can live with.
Happy reading, you will find everything you need in this forum.

Troklo

23/12/15
A lot of the info you need is here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq

For to Tudor to my knowledge there are no clone movements all of the watches sold will come with either a A2824 or a Miyota 9015 movement inside.

Watches sold here by members in the M2M section are either sold at the same price as TDs or lower as profiteering is not allowed but before you buy any watch take your time to read up on versions etc. Be patient read then read some more and only then buy what you like.

Little piece of advice, people are normally helpful here but really dislike to spoon feed. So take a bit of time and explore the forum all the info you need is here somewhere.

Reactions: Greko86 and Bill_C

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
if I had a list of the top 5 suppliers, aka zf vsf and noob and all of them, what would a tier list be like?

Prob best you spend some time reading all will come apparent, each new question you have after you’ll find you can answer yourself with the material here, that how I found it when I first came around. You’ll
Pick it up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bill_C