• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Posting after purchasing from TD?

jedoway

Looking Around
11/1/21
Hi everyone!

I am brand new to this community, I just discovered this a couple of weeks ago and have yet to purchase anything (still eyeing around :p)

I came to know this forum via r/repTime on Reddit and I had a question concerning on of the advice from there:

This quote is from the mods over there from this post (for newbies like myself):
I recommend if you are going to utilize a trusted dealer (which is the ONLY way as far as I’m concerned), make sure you have an active account on the forums and post there so that the moderation team can back your order. If you aren’t on the forum, and your order goes bad, no one is obligated to help you.

Do I need to post here every time I make a purchase from a TD? (The only 2 TD's I know of are Puretime and Hont as of now)
Where do I need to post in this forum?
Is it indeed very risky to purchase a rep from a TD and not post on the forum for the mods here to back up?

Sorry, I know this question has probably been asked around a lot but I couldn't find this information..

If this guide is outdated, I would really appreciate it if someone to drop a link to a more relevant guide for complete noobs like me to join the reptime community :)

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It's okay, you don't have to post in a specific place. But you should be an active member of the forum.

The only 2 TD's I know of are Puretime and Hont as of now
You do know there's a link at the top of every page to the TD section? There are plenty more TDs to browse there.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The moderators on RWI are not here to wipe the buttocks of reddites who's orders have gone wrong, or who didn't get the 1:1 waterproof gen spec specimen they wanted and are now throwing temper tantrums.

That post you've quoted from reddit is extremely disrespectful - so you post on reddit, you purchase on reddit, you use reddit 'TDs' (lol) and then come over to RWI if/when something goes wrong ?

Nope.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
We are here to help the community of rep enthusiasts, we always and still strive to make this little silly game a bit safer.

With that said, we can only provide help when help is possible, for example, we can only help with the people we recognize as Trusted Dealers.

We can also only help when the person seeking our help understand the limits of what we can offer (we offer a mediation) and that he needs to be prepared to be the one at fault even though he did not realise that.
You might be surprised but in 99 % of the case, the TD is right and the member had just too much expectation either by lack of reading or by false information found online.

We are not interested in "freeloaders" people only registering in order to get our help, we want active members of the community, you don't have to post every day or a lot, but if you want to post about reps, better doing it here than on Reddit, for example.

This forum has a "harder on noob" reputation, when it fact we just dish out people that are toxic for others, with around 500 new members per week on RWI (average) you'd imagine that if the toxic reputation was anything close to real, this number would not be so high.

Ecy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
The reddit post, if you read between the lines:

"If you make a purchase off of a recommendation from this r/ and anything goes wrong, we are not going to help you. But those forums, our competition, will. We recommend that if the person you are buying from is trusted on a forum, join and make some posts so if something goes wrong, they can help you - because we wont."

I personally would stop reading and taking advice from Mods, Staff and Members on Reddit after reading that. The main perk to reddit is spoon feeding. Take the NWBIG thread here. Best resource available. But if you are lazy, someone on reddit has posted pictures of the watches. But, you wont know why the watch is called NWBIG or what alternatives are runners up if that is OOS with TDs. That requires reading on RWI.

In my opinion from reading the forum, most TD issues are user expectations related, or shipping the TD can't really control. But, the Mods here do go to bat all the time for members. M2M sales, which you commonly get screwed on Reddit, are great here and backed up by staff.

To more directly answer your question, you can post in the TDs review section, detailing the process, dates and such. Is it needed? No. But reviews help everyone. If something goes wrong, you did post about it, but some TDs are active and will directly respond in their section and helpful members can help clear up any concerns.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach

"If you make a purchase off of a recommendation from this r/ and anything goes wrong, we are not going to help you. But those forums, our competition, will. We recommend that if the person you are buying from is trusted on a forum, join and make some posts so if something goes wrong, they can help you - because we wont."

I personally would stop reading and taking advice from Mods, Staff and Members on Reddit after reading that. The main perk to reddit is spoon feeding. Take the NWBIG thread here. Best resource available. But if you are lazy, someone on reddit has posted pictures of the watches. But, you wont know why the watch is called NWBIG or what alternatives are runners up if that is OOS with TDs. That requires reading on RWI.

In my opinion from reading the forum, most TD issues are user expectations related, or shipping the TD can't really control. But, the Mods here do go to bat all the time for members. M2M sales, which you commonly get screwed on Reddit, are great here and backed up by staff.

To more directly answer your question, you can post in the TDs review section, detailing the process, dates and such. Is it needed? No. But reviews help everyone. If something goes wrong, you did post about it, but some TDs are active and will directly respond in their section and helpful members can help clear up any concerns.

Beautifully written.

Reactions: Ecy

yash7789

Horology Curious
17/8/20
United States

Well said and on point.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If you aren’t on the forum, and your order goes bad, no one is obligated to help you.
No one is obligated to help you anyway, who wrote this crap? We are not here to be a fallback for reditors.

This guy ^^^^ He gets it.