• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about the various factories - not a q about which is best

Tomtank

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
5/9/20
I’ve tried to use the search function, and also a fair bit of general browsing, but neither have yielded a result. So if I am asking a boring “we’ve heard this a million times” question, I apologise but maybe someone can point me to a better way to interrogate the search function that is about as intuitive as Microsoft Shitepoint and almost as unproductive.

The question is just about the different factories. I know there is no one answer to which is the best etc - different models can be better produced by different factories. I’m not asking that. But I’m confused whether some factories are the same because when written about in various topics and on TD sites some seem to be referred to exclusively on one and not on another, or seemingly interchangeably.

Is ARF the same as AR? (yes I know AR also means anti-reflective but does ARF stand for AR factory?)
ZZF and ZF - these are 2 different factories, I think? Yet on some dealer sites it’s not possible to find both
VSF and VRF? What about V9F? Or V6F? Or are these just mistypings?
Noob I can understand
CF means Clean Factory, I get that too.

then I also read about GMF, BP, DJF, JF, OXF, XF, RXF etc and I assume these are all different factories.

Most of the watches I would really like currently seem to be best produced by some combination of Noob, ARF or VSF if I have read and researched correctly.

Thank you in advance.

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
There is a large guide to all the factories on the forum that answers most if not all these questions. It’s a sticky from memory. If you can’t find it through the forum search engine try general Google and add “RWI” after the search - often works better

Sent from my iPad using RWI

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I’ve tried to use the search function, and also a fair bit of general browsing, but neither have yielded a result. So if I am asking a boring “we’ve heard this a million times” question, I apologise but maybe someone can point me to a better way to interrogate the search function that is about as intuitive as Microsoft Shitepoint and almost as unproductive.

The question is just about the different factories. I know there is no one answer to which is the best etc - different models can be better produced by different factories. I’m not asking that. But I’m confused whether some factories are the same because when written about in various topics and on TD sites some seem to be referred to exclusively on one and not on another, or seemingly interchangeably.

Is ARF the same as AR? (yes I know AR also means anti-reflective but does ARF stand for AR factory?)
ZZF and ZF - these are 2 different factories, I think? Yet on some dealer sites it’s not possible to find both
VSF and VRF? What about V9F? Or V6F? Or are these just mistypings?
Noob I can understand
CF means Clean Factory, I get that too.

then I also read about GMF, BP, DJF, JF, OXF, XF, RXF etc and I assume these are all different factories.

Most of the watches I would really like currently seem to be best produced by some combination of Noob, ARF or VSF if I have read and researched correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to RWI and enjoy some good reading :wave-1:

The following link has new content
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...45#post7808745:welcome:

Reactions: Tomtank

Tomtank

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
5/9/20
Thanks everyone - that’s very helpful.