• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Asian 7550 repair/watchsmith

Lmm89oilrig

Horology Curious
7/11/17
Texas new guy. Basically I purchased a watch from in time and within a month It stopped. Wore it limitedly. so I sent it back they supposedly looked at it.
Took a few months to get back which is understandable
within a week I’m right back to where I started apparently these chronographs are pretty prone to malfunction and I was reading up on other boards about the pros and cons of the movement

Does anyone know who can service these to make them last a bit longer than a month?

Am i expecting too much from a 378.00 watch?

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hello and :welcome:

There are a few forum based people who can service it for you, what country are you located? Sorry, Texas... I don't know about Texas specifically but there are a few US based watchsmiths...

Which watch did you get?

What was wrong with the watch when you sent it back?

Last edited:

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
Mmmh... plenty of watchmaker in the forum, but maybe simply you just got a bad unit. Asian 7550 movements are prone to malfunction or reliability issues, but yours simply seems too bad.
I’d recommend buying a new movement, any watchmaker from the US will install it for you. You can also ask for a service, but with an asian 7550 I think is not worth the service.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

Lmm89oilrig

Horology Curious
7/11/17
I am absolutely open to getting off this 7550 movement and just having it look and work like a a normal watch

I don’t know too much as far as the other movements but whichever is most compatible and would be reliable even though mine is a chronograph I would gladly send it to anyone Recommended

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/4219-...her-strap.html

I would wind the watch and then basically it would not keep time
somewhere along the lines of me messing with it thinking it was user error it now stopped moving

Sent it back and now it feels like it’s sticking when I tried to change the time
Chrono stopped working

He said send it back again but that would take another couple months I’d rather just keep the shell and fix the guts

Last edited: