• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Milgauss Z blue dial

BenjiBrooks

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Colorado
Hey guys, I wanted to reach out and see what the overall feelings are regarding this aftermarket z blue dial I found on eBay. I know it's not perfect, but it's better than many I have seen online. Also, if you know of a better option please let me know.

The reason I am asking is because I recently ordered the new ARF milgauss 904l in blue, but the QC pics showed the dial being almost black. So I had them swap me out to a black dial version, but I am still trying to find a quality z blue dial. I have also looked for a gen blue dial, but that seems almost
impossible.

Thanks all

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hello,

Looks a nice dial. I love the blue tone.

Why would you say it is not perfect, can you identify flaws?

BenjiBrooks

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Colorado
Ok this is gonna sound super knit picky, but the S's on the SWISS MADE at the 6 o'clock are the wrong font and the blue tone is a little off, but pretty darn close. See pics attached of Gen dial

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Ok this is gonna sound super knit picky, but the S's on the SWISS MADE at the 6 o'clock are the wrong font and the blue tone is a little off, but pretty darn close. See pics attached of Gen dial

In which case, you need an expert opinion and I cant give that.

Whats it like compared to the one that's actually in the watch?

300s a lot to not be overjoyed with it, imo.

BenjiBrooks

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Colorado
You’re correct. I swapped the blue dial for the black as the blue in the QC photos were too dark. I think I may buy the BP maker Milgauss with the z blue dial ($280 shipped) and swap the dials. If you want I will shoot you some pics when I am done

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
You’re correct. I swapped the blue dial for the black as the blue in the QC photos were too dark. I think I may buy the BP maker Milgauss with the z blue dial ($280 shipped) and swap the dials. If you want I will shoot you some pics when I am done

Oh yeh, sorry, I forgot you went with the black dial and mentioned that in the first post. Certainly an option to buy a z blue BP and swap the dials, then flip the BP with the black installed. Certainly cost you a lot less than 300....... :)

Have you researched how much gen dials are?

Definitely look forward to the pics... Always love before and after photos...

Did you see the Milgauss gen crystals in M2M... tempting for you?

BenjiBrooks

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Colorado
I did it last night I bought the BP maker and I am gonna do a swap. I didn't see the gen Crystal, but I will do a search on it this am. Thank you for letting me know.

As far as Gen Dial prices go you can find black Gen Dials anywhere from $350 (damaged needs refinishing) to a $1000 plus. They are easy to find. The issue is the Z-blue dial. You can't find them. I have been looking for 2 years and nothing. Honestly this dial from eBay is the closest thing I have seen since I started looking.

That is until I saw some photos of the BP maker milgauss. Like the DJF milgauss they have a completely different looking dial compared to the other rep makers.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I did it last night I bought the BP maker and I am gonna do a swap. I didn't see the gen Crystal, but I will do a search on it this am. Thank you for letting me know.

As far as Gen Dial prices go you can find black Gen Dials anywhere from $350 (damaged needs refinishing) to a $1000 plus. They are easy to find. The issue is the Z-blue dial. You can't find them. I have been looking for 2 years and nothing. Honestly this dial from eBay is the closest thing I have seen since I started looking.

That is until I saw some photos of the BP maker milgauss. Like the DJF milgauss they have a completely different looking dial compared to the other rep makers.

Great. Look forward to seeing it.....
Mentioned you on the Milgauss sale thread. Cheers!

BenjiBrooks

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Colorado
I saw you mentioned me bud, thank you. Those are great prices I will have to get one. Might as well do this build properly. Shouldn't be long before I start sending you update pics. Have a great day and I really do appreciate the help. This is a really great forum

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
When I wanted to do a Milgauss, many moons ago (lol), the crystals were near on impossible to get, I waited and waited... either nothing available or too expensive... now there's 4 in one thread LOL, I would have thought that was a hallucination back then.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
When I wanted to do a Milgauss, many moons ago (lol), the crystals were near on impossible to get, I waited and waited... either nothing available or too expensive... now there's 4 in one thread LOL, I would have thought that was a hallucination back then.

Ya no kidding I’ve wanted to do one since I started on this forum and never saw a crystal. Interaktiv has a couple and I bought from him, since I’ve probably seen at least 6 including those 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk