• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep dealer Asking for pic of my ID or Passport?

Communism_is_Fun

Horology Curious
4/10/20
facepalm4b1f6f818248e452.gif

You don't know if they're legit or you're assuming watchesfiles is not legit?

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16

If they arent a TD then you bear the risk.

TD websites change sometimes too, its always best to check in the TD list I showed above, current websites and contact emails are generally updated there if necessary.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

I don't get why you would come to some place like this where they have a multitude of trusted dealers, with a proven track record of delivering high quality pieces, and ask about some random websites. If you choose to order from them best wishes, And please tag me when you post some pictures of what you receive as I would love to know.

Communism_is_Fun

Horology Curious
4/10/20
I don't get why you would come to some place like this where they have a multitude of trusted dealers, with a proven track record of delivering high quality pieces, and ask about some random websites. If you choose to order from them best wishes, And please tag me when you post some pictures of what you receive as I would love to know.

The issue is none of the TD's had the watches I was looking for. Now I see that scam sites list thousands of different watches in hopes of someone will likely find exactly what they're looking for and order it quickly. Now that I see what they look like they'll be easier to spot.

Communism_is_Fun

Horology Curious
4/10/20
If they arent a TD then you bear the risk.

TD websites change sometimes too, its always best to check in the TD list I showed above, current websites and contact emails are generally updated there if necessary.

Yeah thank you. I did get officially scammed by watchesfiles.com (just found out today) for $280... I foolishly and quickly bought an Aquis rep with orange rubber strap - pretty much bought it for the strap. I plan on calling Western Union to report that person is a scammer, not that it'll do any good but potentially WU can ban that person and make it harder for them to scam others (that's my hope anyway).

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yeah thank you. I did get officially scammed by watchesfiles.com (just found out today) for $280... I foolishly and quickly bought an Aquis rep with orange rubber strap - pretty much bought it for the strap. I plan on calling Western Union to report that person is a scammer, not that it'll do any good but potentially WU can ban that person and make it harder for them to scam others (that's my hope anyway).

Are you open to suggestions? Reach out to a couple of the TRUSTED DEALERS here with pictures, links and as much information as possible on what you are looking for and, if it's available, one or more should be able to get it for you. I'm sorry that you are loosing money, and I strongly suggest you pause, take a deep breath and then proceeded in a calculated manor with future purchases. You might also find some satisfaction looking through M2M and buying one from a established member.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
There's a basic rule, not written anywhere but that is worth keeping in mind : if you email all of the TDs, and none of them is able to get you the watch you are after, it means nobody can get it and anybody who will take your money with the guarantee that he'll get you the watch, is out to scam you.

That's a common trick used by those copycat website, they advertise watches that no one else can get so you are drawn to them even if you know that they are not trusted anywhere.

I almost fall for it when I began in the replica world, a website had a JLC Reverso Triple calendar complication offered (we are talking extremely complicated >1 million $ watch) and I was about to order it but I checked for reviews and found replica boards.

JakD

Horology Curious
1/6/16
Wow that's scary $hit...A scam site that masks as rep watch website lol. I was able to have Western Union cancel the transaction (thankfully). still have to pay the initial fee, but oh well.

Hey do you guys know where to buy Superocean 44? the previous version with large 6 and 9 on the dial??

The best versions of these were indeed made by noob and are not produced anymore, but there is another available, Silix and Perfect Clones has them in stock. It's not as good as the noob version was but if you're willing to live with the flaws it's an alternative. Either that or try and get a hold of a noob when they come up on m2m, but that happens quite rarely.
I was after one of these aswell and ended up buying the version that is still available. I made a thread on the watch over on rwg if you're interested, https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...lix-pic-heavy/

Edit: and also, please do us all a favor and use the links for the TD's in the TD section, googling is bound to have you end up on a scam site...

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
The best versions of these were indeed made by noob and are not produced anymore, but there is another available, Silix and Perfect Clones has them in stock. It's not as good as the noob version was but if you're willing to live with the flaws it's an alternative. Either that or try and get a hold of a noob when they come up on m2m, but that happens quite rarely.
I was after one of these aswell and ended up buying the version that is still available. I made a thread on the watch over on rwg if you're interested, https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...lix-pic-heavy/

Edit: and also, please do us all a favor and use the links for the TD's in the TD section, googling is bound to have you end up on a scam site...

Thank you JakD, that's good information for the OP. Will have a read of your review a bit later, thank you!

Communism_is_Fun JakD has found source of the SO :D

Reactions: JakD