• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep dealer Asking for pic of my ID or Passport?

Communism_is_Fun

Horology Curious
4/10/20
Hello RWI!

I'm obviously new here. I bought from a few Rep Dealers so far (Puretime, Jtime, and Watchesfiles). I just sent a Western Union payment to Puretime a few days ago... Today I get a message asking me to send passport pic or a pic of my ID card so they are able to get my payment from their bank. Is this normal, honestly I don't really feel comfortable sending a pic of my passport - especially when Western Union Rep told me over the phone that my money is ready for the Seller to pick up. please advise, thank you.

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Don’t send them any personal information. Great way to get your identity stolen.

There are a lot of scammers out there. Sounds like you might not be dealing with the genuine Puretime seller. Check out the Trusted Dealers section.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Withdraw your money and get it back ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Communism_is_Fun

Horology Curious
4/10/20
Definately a scam site, mate. You should try to cancel the transfer, if it's not too late as soon as possible.

Here's the link to Puretime's contacts and none of it is gma.

https://puretimewatch.io/customer-service#contact

Wow that's scary $hit...A scam site that masks as rep watch website lol. I was able to have Western Union cancel the transaction (thankfully). still have to pay the initial fee, but oh well.

Hey do you guys know where to buy Superocean 44? the previous version with large 6 and 9 on the dial??

Reactions: J3DD

Communism_is_Fun

Horology Curious
4/10/20
I'm honestly surprised they didn't pick the money up? I sent it to his name and city.... might be a low IQ Scanner LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: J3DD

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
Go do some reading about buying reps first. Check the newbie sections out. Be patient and learn the landscape before you pull that trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Watchesfiles.com is a legit site, correct?

facepalm4b1f6f818248e452.gif

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hey do you guys know where to buy Superocean 44? the previous version with large 6 and 9 on the dial??
These were originally made by Noob. They're out of production now. They come up for sale on M2M from time to time.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Damn these copy websites.

Hope OP can get the money back before they claim it the other end.

Communism_is_Fun Did you try to claim the money back yet? Do it quick as you can! As they´ve been unable to claim it so far maybe its possible, worth a try.

Sorry, just read on post #12 were able to cancel it. Thats great news!!

Last edited: